2.5mg Olanzapine

I take 60mg of Latuda and it is FAR MORE EFFECTIVE than when I was on 40mg of zyprexa

1 Like

Maybe I should look to change medication, but worried it could be worse if I do.

1 Like

Yeah, playing around with meds is nerve wracking because you don’t know what will happen. It could be more effective, less effective, worse side effects.

I’m just glad I found something that works without side effects. Took me several AP’s and 15+ years to find it.

Latuda wasn’t around when I was first diagnosed so it wasn’t an option, I wish it was though.

2 Likes

Try Abilify, I had the least negative symptoms on it. I was going to university full time, hanging out with friends and going to the gym daily. Also had a few jobs when off university.

1 Like

Yeah been thinking about that… would want to be on a low dose though. Was thinking 7.5 to start with. Then see if I can get down to 5.

When I was on it before I was bed bound at 15 and fatigued at 10. Felt better below that dose.

Doubt they’d start me on 7.5 or 5 though

1 Like

You can also try Ritalin and Adderall, they boost dopamine and therefore motivation, energy concentration, etc I sometimes take Ldopa supplement, its similar and really improves my negative symptoms.

1 Like

i also believe that is rare, I take 30 mg olanzapine and take 2 other antipsychotics as well as antidepressants.

I think if I’m going to switch AP’s I will ask the doc to start at a dose equivialent to 5mg zyperxa and rather use more time on the transition than start with a high dose of the new AP.

When I went over to abilify they started me on 15mg. That’s probably equivialent to 12.5-15mg zyprexa. I doubt abilify was the right drug for me anyway, but at least I would feel safer at a small dose since I am stable on 5mg zyprexa.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.