1999 was 20 years ago

Does that make anybody feel old ?

Here’s a tv show I used to watch in the 70s about the futuristic year 1999 :

Here’s an 80s song about 1999 :

Here’s a new just released song about looking back at 1999 :

6 Likes

I definitely feel I am getting older. Hey @everhopeful I know you mentioned anything below 10mg of abilify is ineffective at treating psychotic disorders. I was seeing if you could link some studies on that. My pdoc was going to lower my abilify to 7.5mg because of side effects.

1 Like

Yes I’m feeling my age!

I missed the 90s … good decade!

2 Likes

I think Prince had this amazing singing voice and was easy on the eyes :eyes: (for those of you outside of the USA that means he was good looking)

2 Likes

My daughter was 2 years old in 1999

2 Likes

Yeah the 90s was a good time.

2 Likes

I don’t have one for 7.5mg but here’s a study that shows 5mg is useless after a few weeks.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/16946694/

Here’s the offical prescribing information on abilify from the manufacturer.

Abilify-PI.pdf (446.8 KB)

I was born in 1999. I am almost 2 decades old. That’s strange to think about.

1 Like

Wait til you hit your forties. That’s even stranger!

3 Likes

Thanks a bunch @everhopeful . I’ll hope for the best. If I get psychotic I’ll probably end up posting nonsense here and someone can tell me to contact my pdoc. Being how I’ll still be on medications it shouldn’t get too bad…i just really want to get rid of the side effects. It was my pdoc’s idea too so I have faith in her suggestion

I wouldn’t do it. You’ll be off meds. I tried 7.5mg for a while for the same reason as you. It ended up not working and as a bonus I had suicidal ideation on 7.5mg. I’ve been down the sub 10mg route and it’s a dead end.

What side effects do you have ?

I’ll be extra mindful then of how it may effect me. And it is those damn sexual side effects -_- But I don’t know if it is because of clogging up my cardiovascular system with 12 years of cigarettes though. I expect it’s a combination of meds and cigarettes . I’m trying to quit the cigarettes to see if that helps, I made it 5 days without and it didn’t make much a difference. So I’m going to see if lowering meds and quitting cigarettes help

1 Like

ah yes. 1999 i went to party at steffs dads place listened to jay z and stuck a stick in my pants and pretended to have a boner in front of all the girls. i was 15 years old.

1 Like

I wish I could go back. I was 29. Turned 30 in 2000. Will be 50 in 2020. No rest for the weary.

Didn’t have a cell phone yet though.

2 Likes

I had my first psychotic outbreak that year. Twenty years ago wow…

1 Like

Ah…i was 17, that was the year before my graduation from high school, i got my first real boyfriend. I didnt own a mobile phone, didnt have email, so nice. I still lived at home. I was healthy and fit and a kid still, even though i found myself quite old and wise. Now im more than twice that age. :-o

2 Likes

That was my senior year in high school. It was a good year. The next few years were good too. Then things started getting bad.

1 Like

Heck, I thought the 50’s were great. Elvis, Pat Boone, and on.

1 Like

that was the year I lost my sweet Sally…we spent a lot of time together in 1999…I still love her…she disappeared on me and married…never saw her again.

2 Likes

Tonight I’m gonna party like it’s 1999. Remember that song?

3 Likes