Schizophrenia.com

14 day quarantine Day one anyone?

I’m having to self quarantine for the next 14 days. I have no symptoms just the unfortunate one to take someone in with possible infection. Anyone else in this position? Anyone have plans to keep busy with?

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. I hope the other person will be ok, and you too.

This forum
Tv
Reading if you can
Music

1 Like

@everhopeful thank you for your kind thoughts. I’m able to read as long as I calm down, do meditation and read shortly after. I have been trying o stay away from the tv. I tend to veg and eat in front of the tv. I’m on Clozaril land I’m up already 15pounds in three weeks.

1 Like

I’ve had a bad cough that began about the same time Corona hit the news, but I live out in the sticks in Oklahoma, and I haven’t traveled, so I probably don’t have the virus.

2 Likes

@crimby I hope that it goes away without a single thought of the virus. I’m under the understanding that many of the people getting sick are at least one step removed from a traveler.

1 Like

Wash hands often. disinfect surfaces, clean your house. You’re probably safe.

1 Like

Yes. I use a lot of hand sanitizer. I’m not that clean a person. Right now I’m taking a shower about twice a week. I think we all share the common germs in the community in the group home where I live. I’ve had this cough since I was little. It was lying dormant for a good while, but now it has come back. I hope my body can fight it off.

1 Like

That sounds like a good living situation. Do you go to town much? Where are you from? Hope it is warming up there like here. Hiking etc. where you are …

My symptoms are a bit different so I think I’ll be okay but only plan on going out to do bloodwork and a grocery pick up.

1 Like

I went to a clinic and they made me where a mask because i had a cough. Many other precautions in this national emergency. Don’t be afraid. @crimby

2 Likes

I’ve received an audio about the coronavirus. After listening a number of times, I was able to type it word for word. This is not about a cure but preventative measures. Here it is…

The Chinese now understand the behavior of the COVID-19 virus thanks to autopsies that they’ve carried out. This virus is characterized by obstructing the respiratory pathways with thick mucus that solidifies & blocks the airways & lungs. So they have discovered that in order to be able to apply medicine you have to open & unblock these airways so that the treatment can be used to take affect. However, all of this takes a number of days. Their recommendations for what you can do to safeguard yourself are:

1. Drink lots of hot liquids: coffee, soups, teas, warm water. In addition, take a sip of warm water every 20 mins because this keeps your mouth moist and washes any of the virus that entered into your mouth into your stomach where the gastric juices will neutralize it before it can get to the lungs.

2. Gargle w/ an anti-septic in warm water like vinegar or salt or lemon everyday if possible.

3. The virus attaches itself to hair & clothes. any detergent or soap kills it but you must take a bath or shower when you get in from the street. Avoid sitting down anywhere & go straight to the bathroom or shower. If you cannot wash your clothes daily, hang them in direct sunlight which also neutralizes the virus.

4. Wash metallic surfaces very carefully because the virus can remain viable on these for up to 9 days. Take note and be vigilant about touching hand rails and door handles, etc. I guess within your own house as well you can make sure that you are keeping those clean & wiping them down regularly.

5. Don’t smoke

6. Wash you hands every 20 minutes using any soap that foams. Do this for 20 seconds and wash your hands thoroughly.

7. Eat fruits and vegetables. Try to elevate your zinc levels, not just your vitamin C levels.

8. Animals do not spread the virus to people. This is a person to person transmission.

9. Try to avoid getting the common flu because it already weakens your system. Try to avoid eating & drinking cold things.

10. If you feel any discomfort in your throat or feel a sore throat coming on, attack it immediately using the above methods. The virus enters the system this way and remains for 3 or 4 days in the throat before it passes into the lungs.

Good luck, everyone. Take care of yourself and pass this information along if you wish.

My SMOM sent that to me.