13 signs youre emotionally intelligent

The other day someone was giving me a compliment and said I was very emotionally intelligent. That in particular. First, two people called me smart. Then one said I was extremely emotionally intelligent. So I looked it up and I gotta tend to agree. Are you emotionally intelligent?? https://www.inc.com/justin-bariso/13-things-emotionally-intelligent-people-do.html

2 Likes
1 Like

It’s weird he said that because my mom I’ve called emotionally intelligent. And intelligence is passed from the mother to the offspring. So it’s interesting I possess my moms emotion intelligence rather than my dads science math intelligence

1 Like

I don’t know about intelligence passing from only the mother. My nephew is very bright, and he didn’t get it from his mother. He must have gotten it from his father. He had to have.

Most of those things seem to fit me, exept from number 13.
I’m not good at keeping myself from being manipulated.

But I do consider myself emotionally intelligent.

2 Likes

Well here’s an article

It’s true I’m probably more intelligent than my mother. But this is what science says

1 Like

I think I score badly according to that article.

I think Im ok with this one:
4. You benefit from criticism.
Nobody enjoys negative feedback. But you know that criticism is a chance to learn, even if it’s not delivered in the best way. And even when it’s unfounded, it gives you a window into how others think.

When you receive negative feedback, you keep your emotions in check and ask yourself: How can this make me better?

2 Likes

I took a free online E.Q. test. It said I have poor E.Q. I buckle under pressure and stress so, I know I have poor E.Q. I don’t handle stress very well at all.

My mother is very intelligent. I wouldn’t be suprised if I got my smarts from her.

2 Likes

My mother was very smart too. But she never took credit for it. She gave my dad all the credit for intelligence. And he was nothing but a foolish a hole.

2 Likes

My mom would be described as a “ditzy blonde”. But on the contrary she grew up poor and worked and got a masters degree from ages 18-37 when she met my dad. Still worked after that but not as much. So maybe she’s smarter than she leads on.

My dads a computer engineer

1 Like

Believe me, if she has a masters degree, that means she’s smart @Jonnybegood.

1 Like

I used to think my mother was kinda dumb, because she kept forgetting things.
As I got older and her ME went away, I started to realise she’s actually pretty smart and wise.

1 Like

My mum I saw really smart too. She was a nurse and I reckoned she could have been a doctor. She can’t understand fractions and decimals though.

1 Like

You can’t be an R.N. and not understand decimals, @anon35166066.

1 Like

Yeah you are right. Sorry. Let’s say she isn’t that hot at turning fractions into decimals, if that makes sense?

1 Like

It would be super easy for you to teach her how with a calculator @anon35166066.

1 Like

Believe me I have tried. She just doesn’t get the turning of fractions into decimals. It is one of her little quirks we love her for.

1 Like

Are you serious? Not even with a calculator? That’s really hard to believe.

1 Like