Schizophrenia.com

10-96 explained

Have had a couple of people ask why I sign my posts “10-96”?

http://everets.org/kevin/ten-codes.php

^^^ If you take a look at the list of ten codes I just dropped the link to, 10-96 is the code for mental subject. Which is what I remember being called approximately thirty seconds before a flying tackle by security guards, a huge shot of Haldol in the arse, and 24 hours in a quiet room.

It wasn’t funny at the time, but it is now, and that’s why it’s at the bottom of my posts. A bit of self-deprecating humour – no sinister messages intended. I’m also old enough that I like to sign my correspondence. I stopped dropping my real name here after a serious cyber stalking incident a couple of years back, so I needed a replacement.

And there you go.

10-96

8 Likes

Thanks for explaining that! I wasn’t sure what the meaning was.

Did you really get stalked on this site by using your real name?! That’s scary.

Blessings,

Anthony

There was a very bad situation at my daughter’s school. I spoke up about it. A school employee who was moderately skilled with Google found me on the older forums and tried to use this knowledge of my ‘issues’ to intimidate me into dropping the complaints at school. It backfired spectacularly on them. Things have since improved, but I am now more circumspect online. Why borrow trouble?

Am happy to share details privately here with anyone who has a good posting history, would just ask that they not share that info in public.

10-96

Wow, I’m sorry that happened to you. That’s a despicable thing to do to someone.

I’ve never experienced that online, but I HAVE been stalked in real life a few times. And it was scary as hell to be honest.

I’m pretty open on this site, but I think if I were to return to work or something, I would be a little more careful from then on.

Blessings,

Anthony

2 Likes

That is a very good idea, believe me.

10-96

10-4 Good Buddy!

One should always be careful online. I tell my kids they can’t tell ppl they meet online what their full name is or where they live. I follow that rule myself.