1 out of 100

was telling my friend yesterday that sz supposedly affects 1 out 100 people. he was surprised, he thought it was less prevalent than that. his uncle has it, so he knows a little about it. he said he knew not to mess with certain drugs that could bring it out of him but he was also surprised when I told him that marijuana is supposedly a trigger as well.

3 Likes

Wow, is that one out of 100 here in the U.S. alone? Or is that worldwide?

I do find that fascinating.

And that’s correct about the mj. Any kind of trippy drugs are a big no-no to those that are genetically predisposed to sz.

4 Likes

im not sure if it’s worldwide, 1 out of 100 is just the number I’ve heard here and a couple other places.

3 Likes

I think it’s worldwide. Schizophrenia affects 1% of people in the world if I remember correctly.

3 Likes

Thank you @anon40653964. I think the homepage to schizophrenia dot. com has the statistics.

And I think you’re correct on the 1% affecting the worldwide population.

1 Like

Worldwide about 1 percent of the population is diagnosed with schizophrenia, and approximately 1.2% of Americans ( 3.2 million ) have the disorder. About 1.5 million people will be diagnosed with schizophrenia this year around the world.

3 Likes

1 %. I’m there! It is 1 out of 100 people. Seeing my highschool had a graduating class of 200 people there was statistically another one there!

That is scary stuff!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.