1 month off Olanzapine

A long time, I didn’t really come to accept it for about 10 years, but once I did my depression lifted and I quit my antidepressant. When the pdoc told me I had schizophrenia it hit me like a ton of bricks.

I started transitioning from Olanzapine to Lurasidone a few years ago, so I guess you could say it took me about 15 years to find the right medication.

Yeah, I tried abilify and that didn’t work, I became psychotic. I tried haldol, that worked but gave me awful side effects, really bad restless leg syndrome and it made me really dizzy. I couldn’t stand still without feeling like I was going to fall over, even after I quit haldol the dizziness stuck around for months. I had pretty bad withdrawal symptoms from paxil and especially effexor.

Yeah, I like Canada. Well I did an experiment with online dating, I posted about on this website. It didn’t go well. I once waited a month to tell a woman I had schizophrenia and she got mad at me for leading her on and not being honest. If i tell them right away they lose interest. I don’t know what to do. It’s frustrating but I’ve come to the realization not to expect much.

Over the last 17 years I’ve had about 5 different psychiatrists. I’ve been with my current pdoc since 2018.

Yeah, things are not perfect but they are better than they have ever been since I was diagnosed with schizophrenia. I’m sure you can be happy too but it might take some experimentation with medications and time. It took me 15 years to find the right medication. Lurasidone hadn’t even been released when I was first diagnosed so you never know what the future holds.