1 in 400 Trillion (The chance of being born at all)

Thought this was really cool. I had no idea and think it’s also great that people apparently google this question.

Any one else get something from this?

2 Likes

God loves us man! We were born with a spirit

2 Likes

I don’t know. I was born with a physical disability so sometimes I doubt my personal birth. Should I be born at all, especially with a genetic disorder? I don’t know but I’m just glad to be alive.

1 Like

Maybe I’m bargaining here. It’s tough to show vulnerability bc I’m a deep down a good guy, and don’t want to stoke fears, yet the most uplifting thing I can say is that it’s weird that there really are bad apples in the world.

As for God, this talk of mine doesn’t even include gas and dust after the Big Bang being just one tick shy of perfect uniformity. A ‘wrinkle’ that allowed gravity to collect it all into stars.

Maybe this is tone deaf, I’m short on sleep and many are really sick out there. Just super powerless to do ANYTHING at the moment.

I don’t know what to say @anon10648258 but this quote changed my attitude on perpetuating the song of humanity. I.e having children. I still know it’s not for me but wow it sure feels like there should be meaning to it all to one day be discovered. )But that would put thinkers out of business I guess.

I don’t know if I should have children or not- it really depends on passing down my genetic disease, and my partner cannot be a carrier. I don’t want my children to suffer. But having children is a beautiful thing.

Yeah, those are about the same chances as me ever getting a date.

1 Like

The odds of dying are much better.

According to the National Safety Council, your odds of dying of various causes are:

• Heart disease, 1 in 6
  • Cancer, 1 in 7
  • Stroke, 1 in 28
  • Motor vehicle accidents, 1 in 88
  • Intentional self-harm, 1 in 112
  • Accidental poisoning and exposure to noxious substances, 1 in 130
  • Falls, 1 in 171
  • Car crashes, 1 in 303
  • Assault by firearm, 1 in 306
  • Pedestrian, 1 in 649
  • Motorcycle rider, 1 in 770
  • Accidental drowning, 1 in 1,123
  • Exposure to smoke, fire, 1 in 1,177
  • Pedalcyclist 1 in 4,717
  • Firearms discharge, 1 in 6,309
  • Air and space transport accidents, 1 in 7,032
  • Electrocution, 1 in 9,943
  • Excessive natural heat, 1 in 12,517
  • Cataclysmic storm, 1 in 46,044
  • Lightning, 1 in 84,079
  • Legal execution, 1 in 96,691
  • Dog attack, 1 in 120,864
  • Earthquake or other ground movement, 1 in 148,756
  • Flood, 1 in 175,803
  • Fireworks discharge, 1 in 386,766

Tom Barlow

Tom Barlow

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.