Zounds. I might have to go out

Yeah I’m not going out. I can’t afford it.

I’d rather hang out with you guys.

Sounds good. Real good.

1 Like

I’d rather hang out with you guys too. I spent a lot of time on another forum and it wasn’t nearly as friendly as this place is.

Which forum if you don’t mind me asking?

It was Christianforums. I technically made friends on there, but I’ve been on there for years, and nobody talks to me on there on a regular basis. I don’t know, maybe I’m just being too judgmental though, and maybe I just said too much weird stuff.

Well in schizo land you have an illness to cover up any oddities.

Judgment aint cool though. That’s the only thing I judge people for.

1 Like

:slight_smile: lol I only judge people that judge

1 Like

good deal. You’ve been on here for over a year now?

What was the software the other forum was running on?

I can’t tolerate anything other than discourse(this software) any more. I even quit posting on the hearing voices network site

I think I’ve been on here since May of this year, but I was on the other forum for like 2 or 3 years. I don’t know what type of software the other place ran on, but it got updated recently to a different format.

I see. Some day I’ll probably have to learn to live without this place, but its very safe and friendly and helpful.

For now it gets me through my days.

How come some day you will have to live without it? What is going to happen?

The site goes down. I get a full time job or a girlfriend who doesn’t want me getting dragged into hours of sitting on a website.

It’s kind of a crutch. To live without it for a while is something I’d probably end up trying just to see what effect it would have on my psyche.

At this point in my recovery its still difficult to keep my mind entertained and on good topics rather than psychosis and the past. This site helps with that a lot. I’d like to get to the point where I can just do that on my own.

I see, yeah, life can change. I shouldn’t bash the other site, I used it as a crutch when I first got diagnosed with schizophrenia and was at home. It was a ready made community where I could talk to people. My family is pretty quiet, and I couldn’t go out because I didn’t have a driver’s license until less than a year ago.

I don’t even remember. I’d check the old forum as a lurker for a while. Then after I saw the new software I made an account. Then uh just started using it more and more. Now it’s just the default thing I do. Like I said though when the time is right I’ll try to break a way and get more “independence” going for myself.

Lots of cool people on here though.

I was kind of a lurker on this site before joining too.

Well you start engaging with people and you get pulled in pretty quick.

yup yeah engaging helps

Yeah, I still go on the other site. It has all sorts of people on it, so I shouldn’t bash it. Some people are friendlier than others. I’m not that friendly myself, so I shouldn’t have said anything.

I hear that. Sometimes my interactions on this site aren’t the greatest, but a lot of them are. So I stick around.

I need something to fill this time while I iron out all the kinks and try to get a normal focus back into my life.

thanks for listening. I need a place to spend my time too.