Zoloft Plus Naltrexone Effective for Depressed Alcoholics

Well no wonder why I have such an easy time so far staying sober!!! I googled “naltrexone+zoloft”

This came up

In terms of preventing relapse, the combination of both drugs was far superior. Zoloft plus naltrexone prevented relapse during the 14 weeks of the study in 54 percent of people, compared with 21 percent in those taking just naltrexone, 27 percent in those taking only Zoloft and 23 percent in those taking only a placebo. People taking the two-drug combination also went longer, as a group, before returning to heavy drinking: 98 days for those on the combination, compared with 29 days for the naltrexone group, 23 days for the Zoloft group and 26 days for the placebo group. There was also a trend toward better resolution of depressive symptoms in people taking both drugs than in the other groups.

5 Likes

Well done on finding ur right choice …

1 Like

how ru doing tonight @far_cry0, is it morning in kathmandu?

1 Like

Yes its morning time in nepal…i am about to have my morning food …that iz rice…i am wating for min101…i am just tired…

1 Like

i think you will be one of the people who benefits most from min-101 based on your symptoms. since you have negative and cognitive symptoms. who knows, maybe you will be able to work, you said you have been working on exams, how have those been going?

1 Like

My congnitive symptoms are nearly damaged…i cant even remember what i just studied…poor memory…i am looking forward for cbt classes…

1 Like

what are you studying if you dont mind me asking, as in which paper are you writing? also where are you taking cbt? i don’t think cbt works personally but it might work for you.

1 Like

Have u tried cbt before…my friend @Andrey suggested me to take a cbt classes…

1 Like

I am from management background …my first exam was accounting the law and marketing…i am cent % sure i will fail this exam …

1 Like

I had something like cbt with a group of psychologists, huge waste of money. but who knows, maybe it will work for you, all i know is that negative and cognitive symptoms cant be talked away, at least they couldn’t for me. good luck on your exam and i hope you do the best,

1 Like

How did you do on your accounting exam? I hope you passed :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Frencheese my will power is not working for now…i am cocksure i will fail my exam…my dreams are to live happily and peacefully…

1 Like

don’t give up hope, pray that you will pass and maybe you will pass. and overprepare, thats how i go into an exam, i know that i am not as fast as a non-schizophrenic so i overprepare, memorize stuff, take pages of notes. and just work excessively hard and you will come out on top. that is my strategy, can the ego and just go for it, with all the tenacity you can muster. and you might just make it .

2 Likes

i don’t always do well on exams, sometimes the teacher is just a douche and no one can pass

Did you take your exam and are waiting on results? Or you missed the exam from what was it a week ago I think

1 Like

I have 5 papers to go …!!! 1 finished 4 more to go…!!! Sz have my life eaten up…i too bored…

How did you do on your first paper? Did you pass?

1 Like

Not even attended a single question …it was tuff my memory is in failed state …i want to live happily and peacefully…

Thats it …i dont have any dreams to see…just living Simple life…

living a simple and happy life is a good enough goal. if education doesn’t reward you in life find something which does, like work, or just living a simple peaceful life like you have said. that is your goal isn’t it?

1 Like