Your families professions

A lot of my family has been creative…my mom was a professional dancer, my dad was a software engineer (okay a bit of science in that but he claims it takes a lot of creativity), my grandma was not employed but was a great great artist, beautiful paintings, pictures and stuff, my grandfather was a lawyer but was a great musician in his 20’s. On my other side, my grandma was a homemaker and wasn’t too too creative as far as I know, but her husband was an engineer. My sister is a writer. My uncle was a musician. My other uncle was an artist. But my aunt is a hairdresser.

Not including people who aren’t blood related to me, but I only wish I embraced my creative side younger because it seems to run in my family. So does mental illness though.

What does your family DO?

My father was a surveyor for the State of California for about 15 years. A very respectable position and its a load of responsibility. One mistake in his calculations could ruin a whole freeway interchange and cause the taxpayers millions of dollars. The job was both physical and involved a lot of math. He taught himself trigonometry on the job. My mom was a published writer who won a couple of awards for her work. My sisters make good money; one sister works in a credit union which is similar to a bank. My other sister works at a job agency for troubled youth and also makes decent money.

2 Likes

On my mom’s side, her mom was a social worker, her dad was a psychologist in the military and later became a social worker as well. He was even a professor for a while! He is the very creative one and loves to make up stories, my mom says I got his imagination. My uncle was an actor but when he had a family became a lawyer to support them better. My mom was a middle school teacher until she had me and now she’s a stay at home mom.

On my dad’s side, his dad was originally an engineer, and later would become a very high up business man. I don’t think his mom ever had a career because they got married and had my dad right out of Highschool so she stayed home to take care of him. My uncle is a urologist. My aunt is a Highschool dance team instructor. My dad is also high up in business, and has always been in business.

2 Likes

My Dad was self employed and my Mom worked for him. He owned a van shop, a vending machine company and a fence business.

I have two sisters. One is a graphic artist. She is self employed. My other sister is a project manager for a pipe fabrication company.

I used to be a helicopter pilot but now I have gone to school and got my aircraft mechanics license. Trying to find a job.

2 Likes

My mom worked as a waitress and my dad worked as a dishwasher. Both my parents are sick so they held these jobs without meds.

1 Like

My mother was a registered nurse until she went blind because of diabetic complications, then she became a social worker (unemployed).

1 Like

Both my parents dropped out of college, my dad has worked in a variety of factories while my mom eventually became an accountant

1 Like

Dad graduated from a technical school and started work as a machinist. Mom worked a postal sorter. Both are now retired.

1 Like

My father was a police officer, and my mother was a homemaker. My brother is a retired corrections officer, and my sister is a first-grade school teacher.

2 Likes

In Queens? NYPD @Kindness??

1 Like

@Jonnybegood

Yes. NYPD police officer (my brother worked at Rikers).

2 Likes

What year did he work there??

Tupac was in Rikers in 94-95

1 Like

@Jonnybegood

1991-2017

My brother knew Tupac, Slick Rick, John Gotti, etc.

3 Likes

Wow that’s awesome!!!

1 Like

Ambitions of a ridah
Me against the world

1 Like

Tupac is my favorite of all time. Only god can judge me is my favorite song by him

3 Likes

@Jonnybegood Yeah man, those were the days of listening to rap. Eazy E, Bone Thugs, Snoop & Dr. Dre.

1 Like

My Dad is a lawyer. My mom got her teaching degree, but was a manager of a library for several years. My paternal grandfather was a professor who fought in WWII, and my paternal grandmother was a registered nurse. My maternal grandfather was a Marine in WWII who then went on to be an insurance broker, and my maternal grandmother raised their seven children.

1 Like

My grandfather fought in WW2 too. I think he was in the air force though

1 Like

My paternal grandfather was in the air force. He shot at Japanese planes from a bomber.

1 Like