Yoga - Who wants to talk about yoga?

Hi Peoples,

Any and all things Yoga…

Who here has tried or does yoga? I hear that it can be good for dealing with chronic pain. Has anyone had any experience with this? Also, how is yoga for weight loss and cardiovascular. Anyone have any yoga Youtubes that they recommend?

2 Likes

If you have Amazon prime, Erica Vetra has a series of yoga videos that are amazing. All the poses are beginner-friendly, but they’re still incredibly challenging to hold for a long time.

I’ve been doing yoga on and off for ten years and I love it.

2 Likes

I have one yoga DVD I use for stretching, its pretty basic and I probably don’t use it as much as I should, but yoga is very relaxing and I love the music.

I always wanted to go to a yoga class, but I never go anywhere so DVD it is.

2 Likes

Great - thanks for posting! Do you think yoga can help with weight loss? Also, do you think it exercises your heart?

P.S. Do you think yoga can activate endorphins in your brain?

1 Like

Yoga alone can’t really make you lose weight. You need to pair it with a calorie deficit. And it can count as a cardio workout depending on how vigorously you train. The Erica Vetra videos would be good for your heart. A more basic hatha style yoga wouldn’t really do much, because your heart rate wouldn’t be consistently high. For cardio, you might be better off with a brisk walk.

1 Like

And yes. Yoga definitely releases endorphins.

1 Like

Thanks @Ninjastar! I’ll look up Erica Vetra.

1 Like

I know about jnana yoga, the yoga of wisdom. this is the royal way to freedom.

1 Like

In the new year one of my goals is to look into a clsss or dvd/book on yoga that could be specifically aimed at improving back posture. If they do that.

Or if it’s just general yoga. Cause I have no idea about it. I have yet to see.

2 Likes

Erica Vetra has a 30 minute back pain video.

1 Like