Work accommodations if you work

If you work, what, if any, accommodations are made for you?

My boss asked if there’s anything I can’t do so that she would not assign such tasks to me. I tell her I can’t read like an academics. It’s the only thing I know I can’t do. I can’t do a lot of reading. Of course the other work tasks are easy. And she usually go over what I have done to double check and get rid of mistakes.

I’ve got a bad back and I suffer from fatigue. I was a great worker until these two problems got in the way. I was an efficient, fast worker. My new company was frequently praising me on my work before these two things hit.
Now I take twice as long to do tasks as before. My bosses rarely complement me anymore. My bosses know how I work and they keep me on. So I will ride it out until they don’t want me anymore.

What do you do goggles?

I was also a great worker until men started coming into my work and harassing me. They still follow everything I do including online which stops me from being able to handle trying to find a job. I was really focused even with my mental health problems until the men started following me. Now I’m too stressed out and distracted to handle working at a job. But if they decide to leave me alone, I’d like to go back to work.

I’ve been a janitor for 5 years. Easiest job I’ve had out of 25 or 30 jobs. I guess some people might look down on it. But it pays OK, it’s not too physical, I get to work by myself, I get to ogle and talk to the pretty women soldiers ( I work in an office building on an Army base.). I have dental insurance, paid vacation days, paid sick leave, my boss is easygoing and cool. After 5 years I’m a little tired of it but I’ll keep going a long as I can. If you can overlook a few drawbacks it’s not bad work. Maybe you can do it.

1 Like

It sounds like a great job to me! Do you have to know how to fix things? A lot of janitorial positions in my area require that.

1 Like

No, it’s mostly vacuuming, emptying wastebaskets, and cleaning restrooms (which is really not that bad.). Sometimes we operate carpet cleaners or buffers but those aren’t hard either.

I’ve cleaned restrooms before so I know I could do it. When I get new meds I think I’ll look into this.

Janitors of the world unite.

2 Likes

I’m a clerk. 151515

I was doing dishwashing and the first 4 days were great, then the 5th day I found too demanding. Plus one of the managers was being rude as hell to me. Probably bailed me out before I got too deep in that job. So I quit. But I could’ve used some accommodations, they didn’t make accommodations for me.

Did you ask for accommodations?

No but I thought they’d go easy on me because I got the job through a state run job agency for people with disabilities, but I worked my butt off and they were still very rude to me despite that all.

I’m sorry to hear that. :confused:

1 Like

I work for myself as i age some customers are helpful in getting the loads on, I can take a day off if it gets to much, or come home early

1 Like