Withdraws from geodon

I was curious if withdraws from geodon is bad or not. I was thinking about coming off my medicine for a bit to see if I could handle not being on anything. Anyways, im just curious if the withdraws are bad.

Well man good luck if you try. It could end up being a major setback in your functionality or land you in the hospital. Be careful man.

Withdrawal is different for everyone.

2 Likes

I was taking the lowest dose of Geodon you can take, 20mg and stopped taking it and I had the worst psychotic break I had ever had. Ended up in the hospital. Now I take 100mg a day. Be careful.

1 Like

doctor doesnt recommend getting off your meds, so listen to them, im on geodon/ziprasidone also, going off your meds usually goes badly…keep taking them, its not worth the risk…im on 60Mg once daily.

OMG that was the worse experience of my life. I went from 240mg to 180mg to 160mg to 120mg to 80mg to 60mg to 20 mg then stop. I was at each step for five to six days. The withdrawal symptoms were terrible, I thought I had the flu as well as psychosis. Pdoc introduced risperdal when I got down to 60mg. When I was completely off the medication he put me on Invega 6mg. Right now I am at 9mg. Finally having relief. This withdrawal was worse than getting off of effexor! Please don’t do it without pdoc supervision.

1 Like

I’ve been on Geodon 80 mg X 2 for over ten years, but I’ve never really withdrawn from it. They put me on Latuda and took me off Geodon, and if seemed like I was angry all the time. At the time I thought it was the Latuda making me angry, but it could have been the withdrawal from Geodon. I went a couple of days without Geodon, and I was angry. I also couldn’t sleep. That’s all my experience with withdrawal from Geodon.

1 Like

If you’re going to go off it I would taper off gradually, I cold turkey-ed off of Geodon once before and I I had horrible withdrawals, I didn’t sleep a wink for at least a week, like 160 hours straight and I still felt wired after that.

I have been there and done that. I strongly advise not doing it. Stay on Geodon or you will have a really shitty chapter to write in your memoir.

If you are feeling better, it is because of the medicine, so stay on it.

If you do go off of it and end up in a hospital, tell them that the Pumpkin King told you not to.

I would not try to come off of antipsychotic meds on your own talk it over with your pdoc, get feedback from him or her and if he thinks its a good idea - get off of the meds with your doctors guidance.
Coming off of antipsychotics on your own is flirting with disaster - you could easily get psychotic, a good tapering down from APs takes time - over a matter of months

After reading all your post I decided to wait to talk to my pdoc about it. Plus my aunt Liz who is also sz told me she got off her medicine not to long ago and had problems and had to go back on the medicine. I see my doctor in two weeks. I can wait that long to see what she has to say about it. Anyways, thanks for the replies it means a lot.

1 Like