Will begin counselling sessions in a week

I made self referral for counselling service and scheduled a meeting next week. I intuitively think that I would require support and therapy. I feel nervous. Can’t plan properly what kind of support I shall seek. I’m actually a mess after sz. I think pondering what to say mak me sick already. I go thru each day in the past years by distracting myself and giving myself something to do. I have a lot of sadness and a lot of losses. I will never get back to pre sz conditions of everything. I feel horrible letting myself think what had happen to me. I have not good memory. Every time i think of what happened it’s like they are just happened. It hurts. Is there any reason to open up and get into despairs?

1 Like

I think it’s good. It sounds to me like you are stuck in your emotions and it will help you move on to get it out in the open.

1 Like

Sounds like you could really benefit from the counselling sessions. The feelings you describe are just the type of things you need to open up about with the counselor. Best wishes in working through it all. Hope you find it to be a good and helpful experience.

1 Like

We have the first session today. It went well. I have figured out the kind of help I requested would be some one to talk to me regularly. The rest would fall into place. I have tried counselling in the past but i feel more ready for now. We’ll have12 sessions in a year. I think it’s nice to have someone there talking to me already.

2 Likes