Why I am so tired

I have been diagnosed with hypothyroid whicch makes you very tired. based on the symptoms, I think I have had it my whole life. I started taking a med for my thyroid. I have also been diagnosed as severely vitamin D deficient and that also (according to my Dr.) can make you very tired and have very low energy. I started taking a med for that last week but it takes 3 to 4 months to show a difference. AND I take MI meds that make me tired. I’m totally whining, lol. I sure hope my thyroid and Vitamin D med help since I can’t do much about my MI meds. I would love to have more energy. I feel like a DG slug. SO tired.

2 Likes

Me too, Dx’d as hypothyroid and too Rx synthroid daily for 5 years, but when the med insurance dropped,
I eventually ran out. The low cost clinic gave me such a hassle about getting labs ($300++) when they wernt necessary…I gave up on them.
It’s been 3 years without them, I have zero motivation anymore, no energy, nada.

1 Like

I think a lot of people deal with this, @47average. My energy levels come and go with my moods, as I am schizoaffective, so when I am up I have lots of energy and when I am down, none. I understand how this affects your life and I hope the meds start working for you soon and give you some relief.

2 Likes

I have been sooo …tired lately it’s ridiculous.
My doctor raised my Depakote and Risperidone doses and I’ve been feeling like a zombie to be honest with you.
I am barely functioning.

2 Likes

@Wave I am sorry to hear that you are going through such a hard time. I really do hope the meds will stabalise your condition so that you can cope better.
I’m also spending about 22 hours a day in bed. It is negative symptoms yes but a lot has to do with immense stress. I think I’m hiding from reality.

3 Likes

I’m sorry that you are going through a rough time too @Fellowman.
I hope that you find some relief soon.

1 Like

One of the many reasons I think I will be single forever. No energy to take a shower is a turn off. So is sleeping 10 hours. I hope my meds make me feel better too. Having more energy could change my life for the better. That and focus and motivation. That’s another story.