Who tried Lion's mane mushroom and Taurine

Hi everyone,
I wonder if anyone tried Lion’s mane mushroom for nerve growth along with medications?
Also Taurine to balance Glutamate and GABA?
I have some recommendations from a nutrition but not sure if they are ok.
Omega 3 is also recommended with Probiotics but I feel ok to take them as they are safe enough with medications.

1 Like

taurine makes me feel worse than large doses of caffeine… I do take gaba and various b vitamins for energy and focus, plus the gaba boosts my confidence… ive been taking fish oil too don’t know if its helping but its not hurting anything… just be careful trying out supplements we are a high risk group…

2 Likes

I used to take Taurine and Coq10 a lot for my heart for many years, but I stopped taking them recently to see if it helped my heart (I have Mitral Valve Prolapse).

My heart is doing ok now without the supplements, but it got arrhythmic when I used to take antipsychotics.

1 Like

Thanks for replying. I’m going to take Taurine to balance GABA/Glutamate. I have some recommendations to take Valerian root as well or Theanin but Taurine is at the top list.
I

1 Like

Be careful with valerian root. It can damage your liver if you take it too often or take too much. I
I don’t know about the others, but in general you should remember that some supplements can be just as potent as medications, without the regulatory oversight of the FDA. Talk to your doctor about all supplements you take.

2 Likes

Any recommendation to balance Glutamate/ GABA?

Thanks for your reply. Which brand of GABA are you taking? And do you take it regularly?

just be careful with taurine. too much and you’ll get bad heart palpitations

another stabilizing supplement is magnesium, which i’ve had luck with. stops my hands from shaking 24/7

and i second B vitamins. only b12 ever seemed to do anything for me, but i’d recommend trying b1, b3, and b6 as well(or just a b complex)

Thank you so much. I will try Magnesium. I have tried B complex and i felt better. However, I’m also taking MSM and i think it is good for me. But was looking for anything that could boost GABA.

Which brand of GABA have you tried? And do you take it regularly?

I take a lot of taurine before bed. Seems to help.

Do you take it with medications?

Ya, I’m on an invega depot.

So it doesn’t interact with medications?

I don’t notice anything but I’m not one to worry too much about interactions because I take a lot of different herbs and vitamins. I check for interactions occasionally. You can just put “supplement name” and “interactions” in google and it’s easy enough to find out if you wanted to make sure. Certain sites come up with lists of the different interactions. Webmd is useful as a website to find out everything about any herb or supplement you want to know about.

Gabapenton sorry take it daily…im on the max dose…

hi i will be trying it as i have refractory audio hallutionations im not one for antiphycotics and have tried mostly all so i will try these combinations and see what happens i might also included cbd later down the line depending on my results

1 Like

@Shirley_Dixon

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.