Who pushes you to overcome your schizophrenia?

My dad pushes me the most.

He is trying his best to get me to completely overcome schizophrenia.

He still is understanding.

3 Likes

I do. I have noone pushing me.

6 Likes

My mom. I am feeling at my worst in the morning and she still sees that I don’t miss a day at work. I’m ok with it but she keeps asking me in what way do I not feel good when my problem is mental.

3 Likes

me. I want a good life. I want freedom. I want a peaceful brain

1 Like

I push back if someone pushes me.
Wait, is that a good thing?

2 Likes

The goal since I got diagnosed was to get better. My family has always helped me in any way they can but I have to do my part and take suggestions and put out effort and take their advice. I am amazed that they still help me even after 37 years with schizophrenia. The will too recover is ingrained in me.

4 Likes

Me and my schizophrenia together lmao

4 Likes

While my gf and my family want nothing more than for me to be ‘better’ again, it is me who does the most pushing to overcome my sz. I think of all the things I’ve lost to the illness and it makes me more determined to regain what I’ve lost. Life might not be the same, and it doesn’t have to be, but doesn’t mean I should give up trying.

2 Likes

My husband is very supportive and my sister. My mother too but she still doesn’t want to accept I have sz. She thinks it’s the meds that made me sick. (??!!)

2 Likes

Family the most. But I’m just finishing an intensive outpatient program and the therapist there pushes me too.

2 Likes

Good job this is the hardest part for me

All I had was support from my family, They definatly keep me busy and company, every day.

1 Like

Family always, specially grandfathers and parents. Some friends too, but they get tired when I always relapse and go back, I think is difficult to understand for normal people.

1 Like

My Father and Brother especially

1 Like

I push myself. But I wouldn’t if it weren’t for my son. I know I would’ve given up if not for him. Staying balanced, looking forward, and not letting myself go is to encourage my son to do the same. And, the carrot in front of me is my desire to see my son happy and settled in this life.

Me, I can’t expect others to help if I’m not willing to help myself.

Me myself and I. Always and forever.

1 Like

I think the thought of having a better future. It can be really horrible trying to cope with school and work and symptoms all at once. A lot of times I want to quit…but that is not giving myself the best future…

1 Like

I’m the only one.

1 Like

My wife totally pushed me out ,I hated it but it was good for me. It really hurt me to see her suffering because of my illness. She wasn’t always the most understanding but we made it ,doing good 16 years later.

1 Like

The demons saying they won’t let me die until they’re done with me. Or the demons saying I’ll wake up in a worse place if I kill myself. And sometimes it’s just my curiosity for the world’s future that keeps me pushing.

1 Like