Where should we be aiming?

where should we be aiming?

how high can we reach, where should we be aiming?

whats should be our ultimate goal?

any theories?

1 Like

Itā€™s unique to each inidivudual.

4 Likes

why? ā€¦?..?..?

Survival is my aim. All noble thoughts of happy relationships, career, and stuff have long left me. I think the mouse is right. Everyone has their own thing to reach for.

3 Likes

we may all have individual wants and needs but what is our ultimate goal?

i thought this would be the same for everyone, i just thought it would be better if we all had that in common.
some thing, some place, idk

What we are capable of is unique for each of us. Thereā€™s some things in common, like taking meds, but what we can do isnā€™t the same for all of us.

1 Like

wish we were all aiming for the same things, we could help each other up

to be content :blush:
take care :alien:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t everyone just want to be ok? And I know Iā€™ve already learned from and been encouraged by this forum. Our common link is our shared exeriences, and even when those arenā€™t exactly the same, thereā€™s still a level of commonality with eachother that I donā€™t get from the general public. Weā€™re all headed in the direction of ok.

just ā€˜ok?ā€™ lol

i completely agree with you but i would hope we are headed for more than just that (no-offense intended)

cc: @asgoodasitgets

Well put, buddy. Some of us aim at being dependent. Some of us aim at being INdependent. (Some even aim at being ā€œcounter-dependentā€ or ā€œinter-dependent,ā€ but thatā€™s too complex a topic for this thread.)

You and I like ā€œfacts.ā€ Other people like other stuff.

I got this in an email the other day. I love it.

(I was thinking about using it as my avatar here, butā€¦ No, I donā€™t think so.)

1 Like

It Doesnā€™t Bother Me Yo Yo ā€¦

we are all going somewhere, are you saying we are all going to different places?

why cant we all aim higher than all of that 'Transcend our mental incapabilitiesā€™
join the ā€˜we canā€™ boat rather than the ā€˜we cantā€™ are you a doer or a donā€™ter?

common goals and interests thats what i am talking about, something where we are all going in the same direction, a focus, a plan.

1 Like

ā€œFactsā€ are not subjective and canā€™t be changed. Most of the medical community even openly state that they only have medical ā€œopinionsā€.

ā€œThere is no such thing as chance. Chance would be a negation of the law of causality, which demands that even the temporal meeting of two separate causal chains still has a cause. Chance would destroy the possibility of life; it would call back man, who is the only one ready to overcome evil, from his path. Chance would make telepathy impossible, which is nonetheless a fact. It would nullify the connectedness of things, the oneness of the universe. If there is chance, then there is no Godā€ - Otto Weininger

By means of free election or by means of compulsory coercion?

And if by the former, how? By means of education?

And if by education, how will that come about if that aim does not suit the aims of those who decide what ā€œeducationā€ will be?

(Just askinā€™.)

Iā€™m with darksith on this. I would say we all aim for happiness but happy canā€™t face up to the tragedies in life, so the milder term ā€œcontentmentā€ will do.

1 Like

Been there, done that. Good place to be. (And a much better place to be than where I was from '94 to '03.)

2 Likes

Dream big but thereā€™s no gurantees. Some things you know you canā€™t do, other things are within the realm of possibility to do but you donā€™t know until you try.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference.

Reaching high can mean different things to different people. Youā€™ve gone to school which many people canā€™t do. Weā€™re all born with different gifts or we learned how do stuff from experience. I canā€™t tell you how high you can go, My theory is that most people have potential.

When I got out of the hospital after being locked up for 8 months, I had no plans for the future. Zero. I was just happy to be free. By luck, I got in a nice group home and a vocational program. Hey, I didnā€™t think I was anything special. I just did what was suggested and I went along with the [programs I was in and followed orders. But counselors asked me if I wanted to do little work projects and I said sure. I was told to go out on a gardening crew with other mentally ill people and so a crew of us drove around and went to private homes and I mowed lawns and swept patios and raked leaves for an hour or two a couple times a week. Then a counselor said I should lead a crew and I said sure so I was in charge of 3 or 4 people. I did that for awhile. They told me to do mailing projects so I stuffed flyers in envelopes for two cents an envelope.

I donā€™t want to write too much here. But they told me to run a cash register. I didnā€™t want to but I did it anyway. 9 months later one day out of the blue they said, " How would you like a job"? Out of 13 people they picked me. They saw something in me that I didnā€™t see in myself. Si i started working. About that time I thought, ā€œWhy donā€™t I go to schoolā€? No one told me to do it. I just went to the nearest college and enrolled myself. I worked my job for 4 years. Iā€™ve been working ever since and I need four more classes for my degree.

No one ever told me, " You canā€™t do this or you canā€™t that". I just do things. And people help me and support me. I guess my point is that people think I can do things so I do them. Iā€™ve been very lucky to get so many opportunities but I also put in backbreaking (literally) work and effort.

4 Likes

I agree wholeheartedly. But since scientific facts are always stated as ā€œtendenciesā€ and agreed upon by scientists to represent observations only at the time and place they were observed (regardless of what the volk do), Iā€™m sticking with themā€¦ rather than anyoneā€™s beliefs or opinions. (Shrug.)

YES!!! (Hope thatā€™s enough exclamation points to get to 15 characters.)

1 Like