Where do you get all your latest Schizophrenia news?

another source of Info if you don’t want to google, is SZ MAGAZINE. check it out.

I grew up in a nice suburban retirement community neighborhood. It was cannabis which brought out my symptoms for the first time. An herbal antidepressant caused the episode which landed me in the hospital.

Its interesting that they say living in an urban environment predisposes you, I feel like in my case it was just a family history and using the wrong substances at the wrong times. There were no stressors in my life at the time.

Where do u live nepal or usa i have lot of friend frim nepal

1 Like

So far firemonkey on here. I get interest on here sometimes and inspired here. I don’t really do research. Glad for others input.

I just read here now, I used to search it all the time, but now I’m fairly stable, I don’t see a need to keep searching for more information

THIS site, of course!

1 Like
1 Like

Google News. Its quite good but lacks innovation. I have my rheory on what causes schizophrenia. No use talking about it.

I don’t know its a dead thread but I get most of SZ news from wikipedia and google. Wikipedia references study articles from PubMed, etc

I get mine from @firemonkey too. Hooray for @firemonkey!

Let’s not forget @everhopeful , who does a great job of providing news too .

2 Likes

Coronavirus could kill 190,000 in Africa, WHO warns: Live updates

With no containment, the outbreak could kill between 83,000 and 190,000 on the continent in the first year, WHO says.

by Zaheena Rasheed, Mersiha Gadzo & Joseph Stepansky

28 minutes ago

MORE ON CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC

• US markets rise even as millions of people in US remain joblesstoday

• Showdown: Deadline nears for Argentina debt dealtoday

• Coronavirus could kill 190,000 in Africa, WHO warns: Live updatestoday

• Republicans urge Trump to halt all immigrant work visastoday

• The coronavirus pandemic could kill between 83,000 and 190,000 people in Africa in the first year and infect between 29 million and 44 million during that period if it is not contained, the WHO has warned.

• Russia’s coronavirus cases, which now stand at over 177,000, have overtaken France and Germany to become the fifth highest total in the world after a record daily rise.

• Prime Minister Imran Khan said Pakistan will ease lockdown in phases from Saturday despite an increase in number of coronavirus cases in the country.

• Senior German health official Lars Schaade said a second coronavirus wave could hit Germany before autumn. Case numbers are falling but this is not an all-clear signal, Schaade said at a news conference.

• Globally, more than 3.7 million people have been confirmed infected with the new coronavirus so far, and more than 264,000 have died, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

Thursday, May 7

23:35 GMT - US airliner to mandate temperature screening on all passengers

Frontier Airlines said on Thursday it would begin temperature screenings for all passengers and crew members on June 1 and bar anyone with a temperature at or exceeding 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (38 C).

The move, in what Frontier said was the first among major US airlines, followed the industry mandating facial coverings for all passengers and heightened cleaning to address coronavirus concerns and a massive air travel decline.

Frontier customers will be screened via touchless thermometers prior to boarding. If a reading is at or exceeds 100.4 F, customers will be given time to rest and potentially receive a second check, the company said, adding it would work with any customer with an elevated temperature to rebook travel for a later date.

22:45 GMT - UN body warns of ‘mega-famines’

The United Nations’ World Food Programme (WFP) has warned that the world faces “mega-famines” if enough funds are not pledged to combat the ripple effects of coronavirus pandemic on the world’s most fragile countries, which are already grappling with food insecurity.

“What we are facing now is a double pandemic … [of] famines that could impact us at biblical proportions,” WFP’s executive director David Beasley said during a conference in Geneva on Thursday.

Read more here.

20:30 GMT - Latvia to ease restrictions for public gatherings from May 12

Latvia will raise the limit for public gatherings to 25 people from two beginning May 12, as the country starts to ease restrictions introduced back in March to halt the spread of the novel coronavirus, the government has said.

The government still extended the state of emergency, which has allowed it to introduce a series of actions to curb COVID-19, to June 9, but said a string of measures would be eased starting on Tuesday. Latvia currently has 909 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 18 deaths.

“The first is that it will be allowed to gather up to 25 people at the same time, but … precaution remains,” Latvian Prime Minister Krisjanis Karins said late on Thursday, adding people would still have to observe two meters distance from each other.

European Union preparing to reopen borders

20:15 GMT - Mexico turns ex-presidential residence into base for nurses, doctors

Mexico has transformed the luxurious former presidential “Los Pinos” complex, which was for many decades the country’s most prestigious residence, into a temporary home for healthcare workers battling the coronavirus outbreak.

Once famed for its sumptuousness, the sprawling residence now appears sparse with converted rooms housing modest single beds with crisp white sheets and grey metal lockers, similar to those found in hospital changing rooms.

Mexican officials say they expect the outbreak to peak this week. So far Mexico has registered 27,634 coronavirus cases and 2,704 deaths but officials say low testing means both figures underestimate the spread of the disease across the country.

About 58 doctors and nurses are already staying in Los Pinos but officials say up to 100 people could be accommodated in the complex that acted as a home for successive Mexican leaders and their families since 1934.

Police walk outside the former presidential residence of Los Pinos in Mexico City [Rebecca Blackwell/The Associated Press]

19:45 GMT - New York extends moratorium on rent evictions by 60 days

New York will extend a moratorium on evictions for non-payment of rent for another 60 days until August 20 to alleviate anxiety over the economic impact of the coronavirus, Governor Andrew Cuomo has said during a daily briefing.

The governor in March had issued a moratorium on residential and commercial evictions that lasted through June, but he said he wanted to reduce the anxiety of families struggling through the economic shutdown. It is now extended until Aug. 20.

“I hope it gives families a deep breath,” Cuomo said at his daily briefing.

The executive order will also ban late fees for missed payments and allow renters to apply their security deposit to a payment, though they’d have to pay it back over time.

Coronavirus could kill 190,000 in Africa, WHO warns: Live updates

With no containment, the outbreak could kill between 83,000 and 190,000 on the continent in the first year, WHO says.

by Zaheena Rasheed, Mersiha Gadzo & Joseph Stepansky

28 minutes ago

MORE ON CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC

• US markets rise even as millions of people in US remain joblesstoday

• Showdown: Deadline nears for Argentina debt dealtoday

• Coronavirus could kill 190,000 in Africa, WHO warns: Live updatestoday

• Republicans urge Trump to halt all immigrant work visastoday

• The coronavirus pandemic could kill between 83,000 and 190,000 people in Africa in the first year and infect between 29 million and 44 million during that period if it is not contained, the WHO has warned.

• Russia’s coronavirus cases, which now stand at over 177,000, have overtaken France and Germany to become the fifth highest total in the world after a record daily rise.

• Prime Minister Imran Khan said Pakistan will ease lockdown in phases from Saturday despite an increase in number of coronavirus cases in the country.

• Senior German health official Lars Schaade said a second coronavirus wave could hit Germany before autumn. Case numbers are falling but this is not an all-clear signal, Schaade said at a news conference.

• Globally, more than 3.7 million people have been confirmed infected with the new coronavirus so far, and more than 264,000 have died, according to data compiled by Johns Hopkins University.

Thursday, May 7

23:35 GMT - US airliner to mandate temperature screening on all passengers

Frontier Airlines said on Thursday it would begin temperature screenings for all passengers and crew members on June 1 and bar anyone with a temperature at or exceeding 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit (38 C).

The move, in what Frontier said was the first among major US airlines, followed the industry mandating facial coverings for all passengers and heightened cleaning to address coronavirus concerns and a massive air travel decline.

Frontier customers will be screened via touchless thermometers prior to boarding. If a reading is at or exceeds 100.4 F, customers will be given time to rest and potentially receive a second check, the company said, adding it would work with any customer with an elevated temperature to rebook travel for a later date.

22:45 GMT - UN body warns of ‘mega-famines’

The United Nations’ World Food Programme (WFP) has warned that the world faces “mega-famines” if enough funds are not pledged to combat the ripple effects of coronavirus pandemic on the world’s most fragile countries, which are already grappling with food insecurity.

“What we are facing now is a double pandemic … [of] famines that could impact us at biblical proportions,” WFP’s executive director David Beasley said during a conference in Geneva on Thursday.

Read more here.

20:30 GMT - Latvia to ease restrictions for public gatherings from May 12

Latvia will raise the limit for public gatherings to 25 people from two beginning May 12, as the country starts to ease restrictions introduced back in March to halt the spread of the novel coronavirus, the government has said.

The government still extended the state of emergency, which has allowed it to introduce a series of actions to curb COVID-19, to June 9, but said a string of measures would be eased starting on Tuesday. Latvia currently has 909 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 18 deaths.

“The first is that it will be allowed to gather up to 25 people at the same time, but … precaution remains,” Latvian Prime Minister Krisjanis Karins said late on Thursday, adding people would still have to observe two meters distance from each other.

European Union preparing to reopen borders

20:15 GMT - Mexico turns ex-presidential residence into base for nurses, doctors

Mexico has transformed the luxurious former presidential “Los Pinos” complex, which was for many decades the country’s most prestigious residence, into a temporary home for healthcare workers battling the coronavirus outbreak.

Once famed for its sumptuousness, the sprawling residence now appears sparse with converted rooms housing modest single beds with crisp white sheets and grey metal lockers, similar to those found in hospital changing rooms.

Mexican officials say they expect the outbreak to peak this week. So far Mexico has registered 27,634 coronavirus cases and 2,704 deaths but officials say low testing means both figures underestimate the spread of the disease across the country.

About 58 doctors and nurses are already staying in Los Pinos but officials say up to 100 people could be accommodated in the complex that acted as a home for successive Mexican leaders and their families since 1934.

Police walk outside the former presidential residence of Los Pinos in Mexico City [Rebecca Blackwell/The Associated Press]

19:45 GMT - New York extends moratorium on rent evictions by 60 days

New York will extend a moratorium on evictions for non-payment of rent for another 60 days until August 20 to alleviate anxiety over the economic impact of the coronavirus, Governor Andrew Cuomo has said during a daily briefing.

The governor in March had issued a moratorium on residential and commercial evictions that lasted through June, but he said he wanted to reduce the anxiety of families struggling through the economic shutdown. It is now extended until Aug. 20.

“I hope it gives families a deep breath,” Cuomo said at his daily briefing.

The executive order will also ban late fees for missed payments and allow renters to apply their security deposit to a payment, though they’d have to pay it back over time.

19:15 GMT - Trump says Putin accepted US offer of ventilators

President Donald Trump has said Russian President Vladimir Putin had accepted his offer to provide ventilators to aid in the fight against the novel coronavirus causes a potentially deadly respiratory illness, adding that Russia is having a hard time with the disease.

Trump and Putin spoke by phone on Thursday, where they discussed the coronavirus as well as arms control, according to the White House.

COVID-19 in Africa: Misinformation thwarting containment

(CONTINUED ON aljazeera.com)