When to quit geodon

Geodon has been a really good drug for me. For some people, Geodon is the answer. But, the med’s affect people differently. Can you get someone else to drive? Can you take a bus? I wouldn’t hesitate to ask for help if I were you.

Also I wonder if geodon had anything to do with this, I got very STRONG sleep paralysis last night. I then heard someone calling my name, aggressively and stomping around looking for me. The voice got closer and closer and then I went into a full dream. (The voice turned out to be my younger brother…only he was a little kid again…)

So yeah that was sort of unnerving. I’ve gotten SP so many times before I’m accustomed to it thankfully but that was quite a strong one and I had a good deal of trouble breaking out of it.

Yeah the issue is it doesn’t matter if it’s helping w my negative symptoms if I’m sleeping the whole day away anyways cuz then I don’t have time to do anything! So I hope changing times I take it can help.

I have also been on meds that make sleep most of the time, I think that Amitriptyline was the worse one I have been on for doing that, and everyone comments on how lazy they think we are!
The nice thing about meds is that we can keep changing them, it is not like they have given us a lobotomy.

Here is a link for a thread on recipies and make aheads so I don’t hijack your thread.

1 Like

Geodon took me around 3,5 months to actually bring me back to reality.

geodon gave me bouts of narcolepsy and akathesia. Sometimes the two would hit at the same time. That stuff was terrible for me. I think I took both doses at night but I may have taken some during the day. Cant remember. I was perscribed 240 mgs but only took 160. I knew 240 was too much. Maybe you should try a different med. Anyway I took it for two years and always had problems with it. Terrible narcoleptic episodes and extreme bouts of akathesia

I just have poptarts. Very easy. 3 poptarts is a little over 500 calories

1 Like

I take my morning dose without food and have no problems. I have never eaten breakfast.

I take the evening dose after dinner. About 630 or 7ish. Go to bed between 8 and 9.

If you take it without food you’re basically not taking it because it needs to be taken w a certain amount of calories to be functional/spread properly.

When I take it with little or no food I get terrible akathisia :confused:

1 Like

I used to take it all at night because I couldn’t handle it in the morning. I was working and when I got to work I had to lie down and take a nap so I took my morning dose and my evening dose at the same time. I got psychotic every afternoon like this.

Then I started taking it in the morning again and I got over the drowsiness. It doesn’t make me sleepy at all anymore and I don’t get psychotic every afternoon anymore so I know that it’s working. It made all the difference in the world.

I take it on an empty stomach every morning. It works just fine.

1 Like

Do you have to drive? Can someone else drive? I wouldn’t drive while sedated. I know how Geodon affected me while driving and it was disastrous. Better to quit taking it than drive while sedated. Better yet, get someone else to do the driving and keep taking it. If you have to, cancel the trip.

Anna, you are best to keep taking the Geodon with food :slight_smile: that is, if you are going to take it.

3 Likes

I know when the sedation kicks in roughly and will have my brother drive during those times. I really hope that over time the sedation will go away like some people are saying. I know when I first went up to 50 mg Zoloft it knocked me out for 2 weeks, I was sleeping for hours every day, but after 2 weeks I was fine and was never sedated by it again!

1 Like