When People Treat you Like you are Crazy, Stupid or Frustrating

When people treat you as if you are crazy, it isn’t because they think you are crazy, it is because they want YOU to think you are crazy.
When people treat you as if you are stupid, it isn’t because they think you are stupid, it is because they want YOU to think you are stupid.

http://emergingfrombroken.com/when-people-treat-you-like-you-are-crazy-stupid-or-frustrating/

3 Likes

I agree with this.
Many people label others with derogatory names because they are actually feeling this way themselves.

The technical name for it is called projection.
People with certain Personality disorders project all of the time.

They dump their garbage onto you.

The whole key is to be aware of it when it is happening to you and learn to dismiss it.

4 Likes

The writer of the blog suggests its because they want power over you by making you feel crazy or stupid.

1 Like

I know somebody who constantly tries to undermine me. Undermining a schizophrenic, bravo!

2 Likes

Before my schizophrenia diagnosis, when I saw a doctor, I was treated like a human being.

After my diagnosis doctors treated me like I was worthless.

Any docs reading this?

Who is the biggest serial killer in the uk? A lunatic? A schizo? A psychopath?

No, a doctor. A certain Dr Harold Shipman, who murdered hundreds of people.

And he’s not the only one to abuse the trust given to a doctor. Many sawbones are serial killers.

1 Like

Yeah @Prospero I kind of have to agree with you.

I have come to the realization that many doctors and people working in the medical and mental health field honestly stigmatize against people diagnosed with a severe mental illness, especially if you are diagnosed with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder.

I really am not trying to sound negative or anti anything, just telling the truth.

In the last couple of months I was basically treated like a sub human by doctors, therapists, ER employees, Psych Hospital staff, the list goes on.

Even my own doctors like my therapist and psychiatrist have treated me as if I was 5 years old.

My therapist treated me like a freak or criminal when I came out of the Psych Hospital.

This really was hurtful because as a Psychologist I thought that she would be more understanding and compassionate.

I’m not saying that every doctor or mental health professional is going to stigmatize against schizophrenics, but there seems to be a whole lot of them that do.

The psychiatrist assigned to me was a ■■■■■■■ criminal, plain and simple.

He was a total control freak and without getting into specifics he engaged in abusive behavior and used fear tactics to terrorize his patients.

All I can say is that I am sad and dissapointed with the system.

2 Likes

It’s because they want to see u negative light and they’re insecure about themselves and are pompous and arrogant.

1 Like

yes. people project stuff on to me that is them that they dont want live with or cope with but its not me its them yet they want to feel me, my light, nature, time, love, energy etc even eyes n work etc but they dont want me to be myself but want say its someone else n say im slave to them all.

the way adult communities behave can be shocking n always lie and steal and trash n attack n etc n adult bully n think they bad ass bad mouthing all against one…
thats not kinda people i wanna be with anyway so … i would see them as children more that need correcting.

every where i go they lie about me , steal from me etc
when they pretend be nice doesnt mean they not up to mischief.

i have faith that one day i will not be there slave the table will turn n that i will have eal friend, family, husband etc
slave (energy) light years good nature etc…time…

set up etc etc etc

nothing to do with diagnosis other than it was calculated by them to disable me.
as a 4 year old i spoke 4 languages (sign too but didnt speak of it) n i was not disabled i corrected a teacher who was not my teacher n said she was wrong n she bullied me and another woman who suffered depression wanted steal my inner beauty n energy n good nature n im caring n could be care but that wasnt enough she wanted to take my spirit n be me knida n slave my eon with her family after that isolation as child n amazing survived but my spirit was in there bodies but they didnt appreciate me n workaholic n beond instead say someone else n treat me bad etc

disabled people with someone elses eons n light…
cause its not about disabled people it all against one to steal
n get me started on apple… :slight_smile:

They say im there slave.
cause its beyond multi billions of dollars,(more than n beyond all money) good time, days, nature etc n energy n light years but in end maybe this slave i may be will be or irl is the winner not loser because its me n who i am not them although they steal it, look it, feel it, say it them etc…

i beleive i can be free to be me one day n not slave.
i beleive i can have real friends, husband, family one day. not “those ones”… but …

1 Like

One of my teachers started making fun of schizophrenics today, saying that we’re violent and crazy. I was barely resisting the urge to shout at her. If I did that everyone would find out. It was worse for the rest of the day and the voices were saying some horrible things.

1 Like

My biggest growth came from realizing it was my parents doing it mostly to me. Was wondering for years why I was going backwards and forward and deep in therapy at the time.

They will not succeed.

We cannot control what others think, speak and act.
But we can control ourselves.

I don’t want to be their ‘remote controller’.

1 Like

I have been pretty fortunate that people haven’t treated me too horribly. No one but my kids and best friend know I have SZ and they are great to me. I am registered as disabled at school, so my Professors know. I had a pretty bad schizo episode at my local Safeway/Starbucks where I go all the time but they are still cool to me. No really bad shyt yet. The night is still young, I suppose so there is plenty of time for that to happen. My old pdoc was a total douche bag. He was down-putting, confrontational and demeaning. I don’t miss him. My new one is better but neither of them compare to my tdoc whom I really like. Reading all the stuff I read, I feel really lucky that I like my therapist as much as I do

1 Like

I’ve been unbelievably fortunate with my pdoc & tdoc thus far, I guess.

Both have been incredibly understanding and patient with me so far, and my pdoc went to great lengths to make me comfortable enough to open up (mistrusted doctors since childhood).

The stigma hasn’t set upon me… yet.

1 Like

I can relate.

I’ve noticed how when I ask a doctor something, they don’t answer directly. It’s not for a schizo like me to ask questions, nor for them them to answer.

Very childish I think.

And before my schizo diagnosis, I would be asked if I wanted other people in there besides the sawbones. Now they just do it without asking. I’ve sometimes had a few others in the room, to look on the schizo freak I guess.

And yeh I’ve had sawbones laugh at me when I couldn’t remember the last time I saw them.

I’ve had sawbones answering the phone when I had an appointment with them, and ask me to leave the room. Never had that before my schizo diagnosis.

Could go on, I’ve been insulted many times by sawbones.

Not sure what the hippocratic oath is these days, but I guess they only pay lip service to it.

What is a sawbone?

1 Like

It’s what people used to call a doctor.

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Never had a sawbone laugh at me even though ive done some pretty strange things in my gps office. I have to say that I get looks from people sometimes, even though my symptoms are well under control, because my antipsychotic makes my affect flat and im carrying a few extra lbs. the looks tend to be mocking or disapproving and I’m young so I don’t fully know how to carry myself when this happens.
People have very little tolerance or compassion for the mentally ill