When I Look at my picture

I dont feel real. It freaks me out and makes my senses feel amobic and clear.

4 Likes

you feel born in wrong body…?

No, just ambivalent, nothing, dust in the windish kind of thing where i feel like a ghost

3 Likes

@mboston117

Could it be that seeing your image proves that you exist?

2 Likes

Maybe Im scared to exist but in this vast universe i feel as though i need to prove and find the meaning behind all things including my own image

2 Likes

I feel differently like I exist consciously but in the mind and imagination of God so really nothing is real just dependant on my perception and how I subconsciously interpret it. I feel for you. Can you be more detailed are you feeling just detatched from your own self or just that reality doesn’t exist?

1 Like

What about when you look in a mirror does that help ground you? It does me a bit.

looking in a mirror trips me out like I’m looking at a stranger
Actually I scare myself when I look into a mirror.

3 Likes

I see myself as a clear see through black hole of infinite battles, discoveries, and terrors and yes im a bit detatched alot and dissociated and think sometimes im not alive. I used to burn myself to see if I was living but i havent done that in years because I am more grounded now. The mirror thing does help me more but looking at actual pictures of myself frightens me

1 Like

Sometimes I see the other me in my eyes but normally it helps me a bit. So you just look at yourself in photos to help? A good exercise might be painting a portrait of yourself, but Im an artist so im all about the paint. Nice to meet you eeee

I know the feeling sometimes. @HifumiZero I painted a portrait of myself and it helped me that day but I gave it to my mom :confused:

1 Like

I’m really not a painter. I can do crayons and water color over it though!

I’m actually a dormant photographer. When I was a little kid I had a polaroid and I loved that thing. Made my parents spend a fortune on film. I haven’t taken many photos in the recent years. Your idea of self portraits is interesting. I could document myself doing dishes in my underwear! lol I’ll have to get a tripod.

2 Likes

Sounds like depersonalization. You definitely exist. This helped a lot:

3 Likes

I don’t relate to what I see when I look in the mirror. I don’t like looking in the mirror and used to get angry… This mask and this costume… I’m dragging this around, but am completely separate in my identity/existence trapped inside.

3 Likes

I understand that totally sometimes I wish I could let my “soul” escape this body to be free but not in the way of death I want to figure out how to let my soul escape it

2 Likes

It is very complicated topic but this video is pretty helpful so far

2 Likes

I think that’s amazing that you could do a self portrait. I did one for a school assignment once, but it was my reflection in a magnified mirror so my face was distorted. I couldn’t do it otherwise.

1 Like

My self portrait was VERY distorted and I had myself colorful and releasing color from my body

2 Likes

I can kinda relate to this. Sometime when I look in the mirror I don’t recognise myself, I can see this person looking back at me but feel like it can’t be me, I look unfamiliar to myself, it’s a disturbing feeling.

3 Likes

Yes. I’m looking forward to the escape. I don’t know how to do it except at the end. Maybe meditation, but I worry that I wouldn’t return…
I wish I could own this body. I admire people who can and who feel “comfortable in their own skin”. I can’t imagine.

2 Likes