What's your favorite sport?

I love sports and it’s a great way for me to unwind after a long day. I wonder if there r any pro athletes out there diagnosed with sz.

My favorite sport is pro football (American Football).

1 Like

basketball for me… and im not aware of any pro athletes with SZ

do you play any sports or watch, or both?

I love running/athletics and a little boxing. I like individual sports rather than team sports. In organized sports little guys can’t compete, I’m a little guy myself so I prefer sports where people with different body types can be successful.

Cricket/rugby/darts

Boxing

1 Like

200m running. It’s great for building speed and endurance.

Baseball 151515

http://www.schizophrenia.com/famous.htm

Andy Goram - Scottish Soccer Player/Goal Keeper

1 Like

Basketball and football americano

Curling (just keeding) :grin:

It’s one of those sports the Canananadians enjoy right @shutterbug ?

Although, curling with cats looks fun.:smile_cat:

3 Likes

Japanese kendo and thanks to @shutterbug archery…

1 Like

If it’s not archery, it’s not a sport. Okay? Okay.

1 Like

I’m obsessed with mma.

Some guy from the Green Bay Packers pro football team developed schizophrenia after his playing days were over. I’m getting lazy right now so I won’t post any articles or links to his story. I believe his name was Lionel Aldredge. I don’t remember much about his story off-hand. I’m not sure if he was in a pre-domal stage during his playing days or when his disease started. He was with the Packers when they won a Superbowl, but after he retired, he ended up homeless and he ended up selling his Superbowl ring for money to buy alcohol. He eventually got off the streets.

I seriously doubt that there are any schizophrenics who played in the top four most popular pro sports teams ( baseball, football, Basketball, Soccer) while they were suffering from symptoms. I mean anythings possible, but I’m not sure if someone with schizophrenia could take the incredible pressure that is on pro athletes, both on and of the field or being able to maintain the concentration and chaos of playing these games. I can’t picture someone with schizophrenia being able to handle the scrutiny that comes with being a famous pro athlete.

1 Like

You’re right, it was Lionel Aldridge.

1 Like

There was also a Dallas cowboy player with sz. A couple baseball players with bi polar (Zachary grienke), Brandon Marshall too (nfl player)…bizzy bone the rapper had schizoaffective (or has) and tons of musicians have bi polar

1 Like

Amateur wrestling.

1 Like

I played a lot of tackle football with friends as I was growing up. And some enemies. We played at the park or at the school on weekends. It was pretty informal, we all arranged it at school time and then we met there and sometimes 3 or 4 guys would show up or sometimes 10 or 15 guys would show up. Those are good memories. I was pretty good.

1 Like