Mine is…

What’s your favorite quote?

15 Likes

Now a great thing in the street
Seems any human nod,
Where move in strange democracy
The million masks of God

2 Likes

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
-Winston Churchill

4 Likes

Only part of us is sane: only part of us loves pleasure and the longer day of happiness, wants to live to our nineties and die in peace, in a house that we built, that shall shelter those who come after us. The other half of us is nearly mad. It prefers the disagreeable to the agreeable, loves pain and its darker night despair, and wants to die in a catastrophe that will set back life to its beginnings and leave nothing of our house save its blackened foundations. - Rebecca West, Black Lamb and Grey Falcon

3 Likes

This is my favorite quote
“I haven’t met anyone yet who isn’t handicapped in some way. So what’s the big deal? Don’t hide your deformity. Wear it like a Purple Heart.”

By:Georgiann baldino

5 Likes

That is an awesome quote

1 Like

I don’t think I had seen this one before. Great quote.

1 Like

My Life Motto:

14 Likes

Reminds me of my favourite quote from Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Every single person down there is ignoring your pain because they’re way
too busy with their own. The beautiful ones, the popular ones, the guys that
pick on you… everyone. If you could hear what they’re feeling -
the confusion, the loneliness… It looks quiet down there. It’s not. It’s deafening.

1 Like

Hi @Becca I really like your Motto. I have been trying to be nice to even those people that are not so nice, everyone has demons they are battling - we just might not know what they are

3 Likes

“When you show yourself to the world and display your talents, you naturally stir all kinds of resentment, envy, and other manifestations of insecurity… you cannot spend your life worrying about the petty feelings of others”

And also "When you are trying to impress people with words, the more you say, the more common you appear, and the less in control. Even if you are saying something banal, it will seem original if you make it vague, open-ended, and sphinxlike. Powerful people impress and intimidate by saying less. The more you say, the more likely you are to say something foolish.”’

Both from Robert Greene- 48 Laws of Power. Great book that I think everyone should read… BEWARE!!! power in the wrong hands can be dangerous.

2 Likes

I have so many favorite quotes. But the one that I’ve been holding on to these days…

It makes me not regret my past… too much.

9 Likes

why procrastinate now when you can do it later. me.

failure is simply an opportunity to succeed the the next time. me.

6 Likes

being alone isn’t the worst thing in the world. being surrounded by people who make you fee all alone is worse. robin williams.

9 Likes

Very wise quote.

1 Like

Great!!! I didn’t know that there are so many deep thinkers around :smiley: thumbs up to all.

My favourite one is

“Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.”
― Rumi

1 Like

Here’s another great quote from Rebecca West.

A strong hatred is the best lamp to bear in our hands as we go over the dark places of life, cutting away the dead things men tell us to revere. - Rebecca West

2 Likes

I couldn’t understand this :confused: How hatred can be best lamp in the dark places of life…Could you please share your understanding, I am confused.

I would guess that she’s writing about abandoning established ideas and institutions in our lives that are outdated or simply wrong but that we’ve held dear because we’ve been told to by others or by tradition. Hatred is a powerful emotion, that if harnessed, can be very motivating.

I don’t know if that’s what she means or not. I’ve only ever seen the quote out of its context. My interpretation is just a guess.

1 Like

I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.
Thomas A. Edison

8 Likes