What's the Weirdest Thing You've Done While Asleep?

Once I was at my great uncle’s house and I was sleeping in his guest room with my sister. I got up to use the bathroom, still half asleep, and went back into bed, curling up next to what I think I thought was my boyfriend at the time (not that he was with us on the trip, but I was used to sleeping besides him). I was actually in my uncle’s room, and not the room with my sister (which still would have been weird).

3 Likes

I am a gold medalist in sleep walking. The one that caused my sis to put an alarm on the door was…

I’m told… I walked out of the place in my bare feet and jammies… walked to the corner shop in the rain, grabbed some of my favorite candy bars at the time, and just walked home. (My sis followed me and paid for the candy)

I woke up in wet jammies, wet hair and my bed and kitchen littered with candy bits and candy wrappers.

LIke I said… she has an alarm on the front door and a new lock so I haven’t gotten out in a long time.

These days I just wake up on different parts of the apartment. I honestly believe where I wake up is a clue to what is bothering me and causing me to sleep walk. When I’m worried about my sis… I wake up in her room, when I’m worried about intruders… I wake up in front of the huge glass door…

1 Like

Once, when my girlfriend was visiting, I woke up and yelled “gotta get up, gotta get up!” She got up out of the bed, which was against the wall, so I could get up. Instead of getting up, I spread out in the bed taking up all the room and fell immediately to sleep again. So she tells me. :innocent:

2 Likes

driving my car. i’ve done it 3 or 4 times now.

That doesn’t sound safe, at all. I suggest putting the key somewhere safe so you can’t access it while asleep.

For me I used to be a really big sleep walker. I would get up, get a drink, get a snack, finish those, and use the bathroom before going back to bed.
I also used to thrash and scream in my sleep, not sure if I still do that since I am no longer monitored by anyone like I used to be when I was younger. When I wake up the blanket I use for a sheet is typically all messed up. Only once have I woke up in the same position I fell asleep, and ironically it was during a nightmare that night. I woke up with both arms lying on my stomach, same way I fell asleep.

I don’t know what I had done in the night. I woke up fully dressed in the morning. I’m glad I put my cloths on if I was out walking the dog or something.

1 Like

The thing I do ALOT when I’m asleep is I’ll go into my kid sister room, wake her up, begin to tell her something and then walk away and go back to bed.

She says there have been nights when I’ve woken her up every hour. I tell her some sleep muttered few sentences and then just get up and shuffle off.

I’m glad she’s patient.

One time a long time ago in college I heard the phone ringing from an expected friends call late at night. I was practically running to the phone and slammed my foot into a concrete block partition wall that the phone sat on. Hurt like hell but pretty funny.

Sometimes ill wake up in mid sentence, ill open my eyes and be talking about something that i don’t understand.

Alot of sleep walking as a kid, i turned every light in the house on repeating “they are coming. they are coming. they are coming.” I can remember this was right around the time a wolf was in my dream, it was one of those dreams.

I only slept walk ONCE in my life. I was in the hospital and I got up one morning for my morning meds at the nurses station and they all laughed at me (friendly laughter) when they saw me. I asked why and they told me I had come out of my room the night before and babbled at them for a few minutes than went back to bed. I didn’t remember doing that.

i wake up a lot mid sentence in my mind a lot like pans diseas. also wake up to teeth smashing a lot