What would you do if you started liking some one from this site?

I just want to know what people would do if in situation

1 Like

this is really a funny situation…!!!
let it happen…good luck for u…!!!

3 Likes

I’m in no condition to start a relationship right now, I’ve got too many negative symptoms and zero libido. So I would probably do nothing about it.
However, your situation may be different and so I encourage you to take action. Life is short and it’s up to us to make it beautiful.

3 Likes

Sorry for my words. I also don’t know what to do.

1 Like

talk to them and see where it goes?

1 Like

Idk the site guidelines says it is extremely risky to meet members of this site. Schizophrenics can be dangerous you know :wink:

But in all seriousness, I wouldn’t know what to do except for keeping things in PM or on another chat/email (which can be anonymous if you’d like that) as to respect the forum’s guidelines.

2 Likes

I had never read the community guidelines.

1 Like

they have a tendency to disappear from the forum as I view it too, even though when I click the actual topic it says it is pinned. Ah well, the search function works pretty good.

My first wife I met on here. she lived in Arizona and I lived in Florida but I went to her and we were married within the year…I say go for it.

1 Like

It’s not advisable to meet people from the internet. It can be dangerous.
The reason it is on the guidelines is that it is for your own protection.

Of course, you’ll do what you think best.

But be cautious.

4 Likes

@Twialine…

I think we all know you’re talking about your secret crush on me! You’re completely smitten and slowly falling in love with my every post! It’s okay, you’re only human!

But I’m taken. So you’ll just have to bury your lustful thoughts and move on!

:wink:

6 Likes

Do you trust me minnii :ghost:

Like if I went to Lisbon of course we’d meet up and have coffee, right??? As friends of course.

1 Like

I’d probably pay to get a background check on you first.

Trust? Noone!

7 Likes

I just canceled my flight to Lisbon :frowning:

4 Likes

Lol it’s not you.

1 Like

I knew it that first or second comment would be someone posting forum guidelines :smirk:

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to respond to this one for a while.

I’m on the “friendship, not romance” side through experience, because I found a nice guy here who lived a state away and it nearly caused me to relapse.

It’s not just that meeting people from the internet can be dangerous, though obviously that sometimes is the case. It’s that relationships are stressful, long distance ones even more so, and we’re a population that has more issues with stress than most.

You’re going to make your own decision, but I hope you’re cautious. Protect yourself physically, and try to keep some distance emotionally.

2 Likes

Maybe start with a few PM’s just to get to know him better in a safe environment. Then you could move to email and see where it goes. I’m all for love and falling in love so my first impulse is to say go for it, but do it very cautiously and safely. :purple_heart:

I met my partner on a forum for gaming. Many many years ago. We became really good friends, emailed a lot. Then we started calling, then I traveled down to his state to visit family and met him and then the rest is history. But it took many years of friendship before anything blossomed.

2 Likes

I met my spouse on the Internet. I say, whatever you decide, please keep it to PMs. I don’t think I could handle another couple spamming the boards with their not-so-private love threads :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Has it happened before?! :blush:

1 Like