What work do you think schizophrenics a re most suited to

Thanks friend!

How are you feeling these days? Hope everything is ok!

3 Likes

Yes, everything is fine except i have depressing thoughts and sad thinking idk whyā€¦

3 Likes

It is quite common with schizophrenia to experience sad thoughtsā€¦ if these thoughts get too strong, you should definitely tell your doctor and maybe start an antidepressantā€¦

2 Likes

Good luck to u andrey ā€¦!!! May god bless u .!!!

I think u will be good game developer some day u might represent company like ubisoft and squaree inixā€¦hope i getting that rightā€¦

4 Likes

I like administrative work
I find it easy I am good at it
I can type and use computer

1 Like

Searching for work is a long-term endeavor, maybe even life-long. You do the best you can. With this illness you make compromises. Sometimes people can get lucky and find something somewhat pleasing to do. Some people spend years looking for work. When searching for work you will need some source of hope. Where I live in the U.S. we can get a job coach and that has helped me. Hope can rise and fall, but looking for work takes a lot of hope. I guess patience too.

1 Like

I feel like I need a high paying job with low stress because Iā€™m getting old. Actuary would be perfect but I donā€™t think I could do the math. Another job is programmer. I need a viable retirement. Probably too late for compound interest. At the current rate Iā€™m going Iā€™ll prob. Be 35-40 Before I get a good career going. I would like to have my own business too. Something where I donā€™t need to be around people that much and donā€™t have to rely on people judging me for having schizophrenia or being old or smoking or fat, etc.

1 Like

If I go back to work and hopefully I will, I wouldnā€™t mind being a post lady. Morning hours suit me. I am up so early. Nobody asks you who you are or is interested in you. You just deliver their mail.

I knew a person who did this job and there is a little amount of stress it is not all easy. You have to sort the mail in the morning and be done by a certain time. I am not from here originally so that part might be hard for me.

Volunteering for them during holiday seasons is a good way to begin.

1 Like

Iā€™ve done some of that. Theyā€™re always hiring, provided you have a working car. Itā€™s the only fast food job I can do successfully. It can be stressful when youā€™re having a hard time finding an address, but it is much lower in stress than working other fast food jobs. Itā€™s very stressful for the manager when heā€™s got a huge amount of pizza to get delivered, but itā€™s not bad for the drivers.

1 Like

I heard medical coding could work for us as you may be able to work from home and people interaction is limited. So I heard anyways.

1 Like

four days training i think but i have 3 years at college and also personal experience which is valuable and voluntary work that i have done

2 Likes

I read Michio Kakuā€™s book Physics of the Future and he said robots WILL NOT steal a gardenerā€™s job. Another job they will not take is garbage collectingā€“itā€™s too complex. These are two jobs that pay well and might be ok for a sz. Also any job that is creative will be saved.

1 Like

Iā€™m lucky to have stumbled upon the work I do, mostly heavy labor, but most of the time there is no rush to get it done and over time I have obtained the tools I need to make it easier. So its really a labor job.

1 Like

I like labor jobs, too. It keeps my mind busy for a bit.

3 Likes

I love you Peter !
@PeteQ

2 Likes

Iā€™ve considered money laundering and counterfeiting but the boss was ageist and wouldnā€™t hire someone whoā€™s over 50.

2 Likes

Well, iā€™m a pharmacist, but i regret getting that degreeā€¦ Iā€™m thinking that if i ever find a job in medical information i would be very lucky. I can communicate with ppl properly, and Iā€™ve always been good at writing papersā€¦so Iā€™m hoping that works outā€¦jobs like that are few and far between though. Iā€™m worried for my future, inheriting my parents is important; either that or improving significantly.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s what they all sayā€¦

Lots of people are saying low stress, which literally any career can be stressful, thatā€™s sort of up to you. I donā€™t think schizophrenics are better at anything than other people, itā€™s up to the individual. Idk :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was hoping to get back into programming. I know I can do the work because I do it now for a hobby. The question is, can I handle the people interaction.

2 Likes