What stops your paranoid thinking?

Paranoia makes a misery and is best stopped at its root. Healthy thoughts create easy living. So, one tip is, for every bad thought, think of two healthy ones like people hate me to there are likeable aspects to myself… I care what people think and am able to think nice things about others. Or, whatever your positive aspect means for you. Such things are good to work on in a diary, getting it on paper. What positive tools help you overcome paranoia and why?

3 Likes

Medications cure my paranoia.

2 Likes

" if someone has something in their minds about me they better come and say it to my face or keep it to themselves" I will not think much of people anymore and for the paranoia I fight it by consulting a loved one and presenting the case to them. If they are pro I will find a solution together, if they are against it is only delusions and I have to get rid of it. Self treatment is as important as meds. Meds work better when we help ourselves too. Cancer patient requires will to fight the illness and so do we.

4 Likes

medication doesn’t completely help me,

2 Likes

The medication I take mostly helps me to see the other realm that normal people see while we have an alternate realm that we can see and understand that makes us paranoid for the fact that the one realm is trying to take the place of the physical one. I was taught that the war of Armageddon is actually a spiritual battle wherein not one drop of blood will be spilled. We are naturally paranoid of course for believing such things. but the beliefs are based on Biblical teachings that have greatly influenced others as well as schizophrenics, for if there were no Bible at all, we would probably all be cured of this madness. But this is not the case and history is not that easily dismissed.

3 Likes

nicely said! Prayer and Haldol stop my delusions. I may still think an airplane flying over my house has FBI agents watching me or spies are in unmarked vans and cars, but I know it’s not real and the voices have subsided. Definitely God helps me get through

3 Likes

I write my stream of consciousness on my laptop in a word document and I also talk to myself for hours a night.

I’m having a bit of whiskey right now but that’s because it’s complicated don’t drink.

2 Likes

when it’s hitting me… I need some help from family or friends… I need to sort of fact check and make sure I’m not sliding into catastrophic thinking.

It’s nice to talk to others who can help me… I also write it out a few times and see if my thoughts make sense… sometimes what’s in my head makes perfect sense… but to see it written out a paper… it’s an eye opener.

If I’m out… and I’m feeling like harm will come to me… or I’m feeling flighty and agitated… I just need to leave and take a walk… and try to get my head to calm down.

2 Likes

Meds stabilize me enough to be able to use CBTs to question my paranoid thoughts and MBCTs to “digest” my anxieties.

1 Like

Straight thinking , a bit of concentration and enjoying life.

1 Like