What should I do now?

Ever since I took the ‘medicine’ invega, I’ve had severe anhedonia, loss of sleep, appetite, libido, creativity, imagination, pleasure, etc. Not to mention I’ve been having nightmares and weird/disturbing dreams. It’s really taken its toll on my life. I can’t even function anymore and I have no motivation to do anything in my current state. It’s been like this for months. I was hoping it was getting better, but it seems that’s not the case. I’m just asking, what should I do? Should I just accept this? Accept that things are never going to return to normal? Is there a way out of this?

I’m on Invega too, pills and I had crazy dreams also. But now I can’t complain, everything is good for me now :relaxed:

1 Like

For how long time have you been on Invega?

If you’ve been on it for a reasonable amount of time, you should contact your psychiatrist or whatever it is, and tell them about this.¨
If the Invega is reasonably new you should give it some time to work properly, and the side-effects might wear off.

There’s other medications to try. Not every medication works for everybody across the board. What I take helps me but it might not help you. The problem could conceivably be that the dosage is wrong and maybe your doc needs to tweak the dosage.

If the Invega remains so hard to tolerate you might try Geodon. Some people don’t like it, but for other people Geodon is the answer. Geodon has always controlled my symptoms with the fewest side effects. I’ve come across other people who swear by it.