What other than 5ht2a in serotonin system is implicated in psychosis?

Almost all antidepressants carry a risk of causing hallucinations in people sensitive to it. It is kind of a risk/benefit decision that a doctor would be qualified to make. If your doctor, who has a degree and makes a living treating people like you, doesn’t think this is the right drug for you, it would be a good idea to listen. I’ve seen too many people on here try to play doctor on themselves with horrible results.

3 Likes

Just know that with mirtazapine there is a significant risk of weight gain. You are on risperidone, right? That is an antipsychotic with one of the strongest 5ht2a affinities among the atypical. either that or ziprasidone.

No, I’m not on anything. That’s a reason for asking, I don’t want to exacerbate my already present pseudohallucinations, whose neurotransmitter origins are unknown (because risperidone did nothing for these symptoms in me, in fact it did something something I guess I can’t tell but go figure).

Weight gain for me would be a major plus. I am at 130kg and have been trying to gain weight by eating the most insulin spiking foods there are and in large quantities but so far with no success.

Take it from me mirtazapine is very good and safe now for gods sake just get a script from your pdoc.

Mirtazapine sound like it will be your wonder drug, I would start at the beginning of March. Give it two months and see how it goes.

Why are you trying to gainweight at 130kg, are you like 6 foot ten?