What medicines work the best for you?

Favorite? I’d have to say Abilify. While it doesn’t seem strong enough to take care of my symptoms on its own, it has helped me a lot. I’ve been on it a long time now and I remember the days before I took it, there was a huge difference in my outlook and behavior. Of course that could just have been the fact that I became much more compliant with medication in general. But still, I like Abilify.

2 Likes

Sulpiride was a really good one for me but I came off it too soon as I felt that another drug might make me 100%
Now been on clozapine for 10 years and seroxat I find on this I’m quite well balanced

1 Like

For my mental illness symptoms - Risperdal
For my physical well being and weight - Abilify

1 Like

Seroquel, sertraline,

1 Like

I 'm on Risperdone and Haloperidol, but I 'm going to quit the second one with the directions of my doctor, because it may cause heart problems. The best is to have cognitive-behavioral therapy in parallel though, ‘cos, as many doctors say, medicines are 50%, whereas therapy is the other 50%. I’ m also on Prozac for my depression, and I hope it will help me.

2 Likes

Clozapine has really worked for me. I don’t have racing thoughts or constantly hear the voices. I’m glad about finally being on a medication that works.

1 Like

Lithium has been a great med for my mood. Lowers the highs and raises the lows. Stelazine is the antipsychotic that I’m on and it works well. No side effects, and no voices/paranoia.

1 Like

Latuda and Trileptal. Definitely not Seroquel

1 Like

I think the one that I am on is the one that is working best for me, that is Invega.

1 Like

Latuda has been the best one I’ve been on thus far. Others have either knocked my butt, or sedated me into stupor.

The Latuda/ Seroquel combo seems to be working well for me.

2 Likes

I am taking Abilify and Mirtazapine…both medication helped me I can’t do without Mirtazapine and my Doctor says I would not be able to function without Abilify so I guessed it’s a mixture of both

I would like to also work hard and be able to relax a little,I used to be extremely lazy when i am younger,this might be one of the reason for my illness and lesson to learn.Now I would like to work hard and learn to play and relax all together,I hope to be able to do these…Also i think a little stress is good but too much unnecessary stress is maybe bad for us,people with schizophrenia

2 Likes

Prozac had started to help me,even if it’s start yet, but I 'm afraid I got allergic to it, (like I have been on Geodon which is a good medicine) because I woke up and couldn’t breathe for a while, thought I was going to die, and that must have been caused by Prozac. :(:(:frowning:

1 Like

Amisulpride works well for me, but with olanzapine it works even better

1 Like

I’ve been on 4 anti phycotics now and I’m back on the first one Olaznzapine (Zyprexa)

It’s no magic bullet and I’ve now been in it long enough to forget how I was before I went on it, but know to take it!

1 Like