What medication(s) are you on?

Just out of curiousity!
I am on Abilify (20mg) & Lexapro (20mg).

My other question is if your medication(s) is/are working for you?
I’d say mine aren’t working and I need a change of medication since I’ve been on them for almost 2 years now without getting the result that’s expected.

rexulti for depression and suicidal ideation, saphris for hallucinations, Lexapro for compulsions, Ativan for anxiety, Cogentin for restlessness as a side effect, propranolol for confidence in decision making and HBP and prazosin for vivid dreams.

3 Likes

I’m on abilify 15mg. I’m stuck with it as it’s the only thing that worked for me.

1 Like

Do they work for you?

I am on generic prolixin…fluphenazine…it is the perfect med for me.

1 Like

You mentioned you didn’t get the results you were expecting. What results are that?

I am on monthly Xeplion 100mg injections.

1 Like

My doctors expect my psychotic and depressive symptoms to at least alleviate. But they don’t.

How they going?

I have been on this medication for a year now and I am not having any side-effects. It also seemed to greatly reduce my psychotic delusions.

That is great to hear :slight_smile:
Nice to hear some positive stories about xeplion.

Are there many negative experiences with Xeplion?

I took xeplion, didnt go well for me :frowning:

I think its the same as invega injections, quite a few topics here on it.

2 Likes

I’m on abilify 15 mg naltrexone 50 mg Zoloft 25 mg klonopin .5 mg

1 Like

Its total 8,. Is it for everyday?..

Im on 10mg of Abilify…

1 Like

lets see the rexulti seemed to pull me out of that really bad depression, you know the one where you’re at the bottom of the well and no one can help you. I don’t try to kill myself all the time so its a yes for rexulti.

I hardly hallucinate so it’s a big yes for the saphris but I do have to take it on time or I start to notice my mind going weird. And I do have mild hallucinations still but they don’t frighten me.

I count as a compulsion but I use that automatically to help with anxiety, other compulsions seem under control so I think I’m a lot more normal with the Lexapro.

The Ativan I use when I’m going to be in a car that will go over about 25 miles per hour as I have a phobia of that. I also use the Ativan for when I’m going to do big grocery shopping because I totally lose it when I have to concentrate that hard when I’m out with all those people bumping into me and talking to me, it’s just too much stimulation for me, I completely lose it. So yes the Ativan works but I use it very sparingly as it is addictive.

I haven’t noticed a difference since I started taking the propranolol, but I do need it for my blood pressure so that’s fine.

And finally the prazosin, well what can I say, it’s awesome. Once I got to the right dose I haven’t had a vivid/bad dream since that woke me up. Anyone having trouble with bad dreams should definitely try it.

2 Likes

Abilify, don’t know how many mg.

1 Like

yes, everyday! I was quite ill, I guess they decided to get aggressive with my meds. I went along to avoid conservatorship. They were talking about putting me in the state hospital, you know, a long term stay hospital. But I’m home with my family and out of bed, keeping myself clean and cooking and doing dishes. Some days I go visit with the neighbor. I go grocery shopping once a month. It was hard, but I just graduated from Woman’s Group down at mental health. And I come here and talk to you all. So I take a lot of meds but it’s worth it to have my life at home.

1 Like

I’m glad your medications are working so well for you! Keep fighting. :slight_smile:

1 Like