What medication are you on for Schizophrenia?

Im o clozapine and seroquel

been eating less and for those who doubted Metamucil in your face its been helping me feel full and I may even lose weight with it I will know for sure after a month of being on it only been on it a few weeks and I already notice my appetite being decreased big time not just a little bit and I am eating less of my meals half my food instead of the whole plate and more.

Good for you! Im on Latuda I have normal appetite

I seem to remember you saying you put on weight on your last med (was it abilify?).

How did you lose the weight?

I put on about 25 kg on Abilify. I had a relapse, doctor switched me to Geodon. After I recovered, I dieted about 5 months pretty strictly and lost back all the weight! Geodon mightve helped me because it suppressed my appetite. Now I have normal appetite on Latuda… I also exercised intensely.

1 Like

That’s really good. I suppose I just need to be a bit more disciplined about my food intake.

you can use a calorie counter, it’s important to do that if you don’t know your food. you can cut as low as 300 calories a day and lose one pound a week. I lost 10 pounds a month. I stricted my calories to 1200 a day and my dinner was fresh vegetable juice. I wish I can do it again, I do it for about 4 days then have a cheat day nowadays… I go out a lot. I just need to watch out on the long run…

I wish I had latuda available in India - would have started ages ago

Invega Sustenna and Thorazine, a winning combination in my book.

Saphris 20mg and lithium

Latuda made me manic I wish I never tried it now I am back on my trusted meds that have worked for years Latuda would of been good for me without side effects if it actually worked for me but that wasn’t the case

1 Like

I’m on clozapine but there are side effects. I have weight problems and constipation and drooling. I also have to have my blood checked every month because of another side effect of the med.

@muzikos. I take clozapine also. I gained like 100 pounds in it. (I guess it’s like 50 kilos. I don’t know what country you’re from.)

Zypadhera 405 mg injection every three weeks.

I’m from the USA…

Latuda 80 mg propranolol 40 mg Ativan 1 mg Strattera

117 mg invega sustena

Monthly injectable. Damn deltoid involuntarily tightened up last time I got it.

I’m on Invega and loxapine.

Abilify 882 mg per every 6 weeks injected.

5 mgs haldol
40 mgs of geodon
Doesn’t really work for me at all but I’m trying to lose weight.