What med would you recommend

Im gonna try a new med, but am looking for one that helps the voices not be so difficult…can you recommend a med…

I have tried many and Saphris has helped a lot with no side effects.

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I was on 60 mg of Latuda and I had a few voices… got pushed up to 80 mg and for the most part… they are gone.

I’ve been lucky on Latuda… I know that others have not.

This is definitely one to discuss with your doc.

1 Like

For something on the expensive side, try abilify maintena

I’d love try Abilify depot but it is not yet available in my country but my pdoc said it will be here soon

i liked geodon. It did things that other meds hadn’t for me.

I’m on Trilafon 2 mg twice a day (4mg total) & it has been helping me. :slight_smile:

The problem with recommending any psych med is that all of them work “better” or “worse” with specific genetic and epigentic (see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Epigenetics) profiles. That said, the only people who really understand that well are psychopharmacologists with a whole bunch of continuing education reading the latest research that’s constantly coming through the pipe.

Risperdal risperidone was kryst gawd awful for me even at 2 mgs. Geodon ziprasidone wasn’t much better. But the southern Asian goddess who said, “Oh. You’ve got PTSD under all that stuff. Let’s try Seroquel quetiapine” was dead on target for me. The stuff is just f-ing great.

But probably not for just anyone.

If the med you’re taking isn’t getting it done, get a P-doc who’ll work with you until you find one that does… for as long as it does; usually several years. Then go through the routine again as many times as it takes. 'Cause our bodies change over time. There’s no “magic bullet” for this pooh, but there are a whole bunch of pretty good ones now… and more in development that aren’t just plugs in dopamine receptor sites.