What makes you happy

It is an interesting question. When I was younger, well over 15 years ago, traveling to many different places such as Jamaica made me happy, but nowadays I am very happy when I ride my bicycle in my little town as I did when I was seven years old, well 43 years ago. Different things make people happy.

What does make you happy?

4 Likes

Also watching movies make me happy, yesterday I watched ‘War Dogs’, it was quite good.

1 Like

I feel happy when med in the future say it will help in negative symptoms…!!!

6 Likes

I’m happy when I am writing something that I am really connecting with and I’m feeling creative. I’m also happy as the mood strikes me. I find that getting into the simple pleasures helps my happiness.

5 Likes

I agree … simple things can make me very happy, one of these is taking pictures and posting these here on the forum.

5 Likes

Also good music makes me happy …

4 Likes

What makes me happy is having good people to talk to. Also, when I’m able to be creative, whether it’s through writing or visual arts. I also feel happier when listening to good music.

2 Likes

I like this picture taking hobby of mine, when I ride my bike I have always two cellphones with me, one I use only for taking pictures, because I broke it and I can not use it for calls, and then I have a simple Samsung phone without any camera and I can receive calls and make calls … so I combine my exercising and my photo taking hobby … I like it.

1 Like
2 Likes

Getting a call or visit or text from my best friend.

2 Likes

I like building computers and giving them away to needy persons. I can say I am slap-happy sometimes. Also silly. Practicing mindfulness of the breath and meditating every day gives a certain happiness.

6 Likes

Another thing that makes me happy is talking to my God every morning.

1 Like

video games make me happy. i don’t play them much anymore, but I still like seeing people play them.

1 Like

Reading a good book, having coffee and chatting to my husband, getting a back tickle from him, visiting my parents (or them visiting me), going to the library, browsing through the flea market. Today I went and bought me a pretty green scarf and henna for my hair. It was fun!

1 Like

people make me happy i love people and video games make me happy they create fun in my brain and i ride the train of fun in my brain

2 Likes

which is it, Sheryl Crow or Nicole Kidman?

just kidding. had to put you on the spot. lol lol lol

people aren’t things though… ;/

1 Like

Finding and appreciating nature makes me happy. There is a small wood next to my office and sometimes I see birds, and squirrels, and deer. There was a Pheasant bopping about this week, and they’re bonus points for extra pretty. Then this morning I went for a walk at a national trust forest and I didn’t see many animals, but heard an owl, and there were lots of spring flowers and nice mosses and lichens growing.

4 Likes

I enjoy reading books, gardening, philosophy/politics, leisurely days reading long articles in the newspaper whilst drinking coffee and eating chocolate.

2 Likes

I could go for a night on the town with both :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

My dog and mum. Feeling wind or rain on my face. Listening to music and discovering new music to listen to. Drawing with Ink and watercolour paints. Learning and challenging myself :blush:

2 Likes