What is your experience of Clozapin?

Hi, can I ask your opinion of Clozapin please?

2 Likes

It did some good things for me, as the first atypical that came along. I knitted all the sweaters I ever wanted to + crocheted 4 blankets and used up all my yarn. I would go back + try it again, except that it had some physical side effects including sedation, that I didn’t want. Appetite was non-stop. I could sit still with a group of people for extended periods of time.

I don’t see it as the gold standard or whatever the term. Though it may be. Other meds have worked better for me. The blood tests and all weren’t a big deal for me.

Thanks Pob, sorry for the late response but I fell asleep! That was following a panic at the hospital. my husband had to drive me home at 2am…

1 Like

My experience started and ended with the pharmacist going over the med with me.
She explained the longest list of possible side effects that could happen, and I just couldn’t bring myself to take them physically out of the bottle.
There still sits 2 full bottles of it in a tub on the top shelf in my room.

Sorry, not much help I know.

Hi, yes I’m scared of it too. I’m so ill I can’t remember what worrying side effects to look out for… I’m not taking it!

Clozapine is an awful drug. It nearly killed me. I had stayed in hospital for more than a month. I was vomited many times during the past few months. My gall bladder had been removed. I still can feel the pain on my surgical wound now. I really regret for taking it…

After 11 months, the surgical wound is still not fully recover…

Ive been taking a small dose of clozapin 175mg for 3 weeks now or longer. Apart from some issues with greater salivation, i dont suffer from weight gain for example. This drug doesnt make me lose the psychosis though. Also it is a somewhat unhealthy drug, as it messes up your white blood cells, after taking it for too long. I am getting some heartproblems sometimes, which i didnt have before the clozapin also.

Afterall its better than haldol, you wont get restless when taking clozapin. infact it is the opposite, you will be more tired. but the longer you take them, the easier your body gets overall acustomed to the med.

So far no antipsychotic could really help me. Ive tried: haldol, risperdal, tavor, xeplion, abilify and clozapin.

The voices are still there and they dont make my life save, secure and easy

Thanks. I believe this is proof enough not to try a living nightmare…

i used clozapine for one year.before was i taking it i was 90 kilo after one year later i was 120kilo. bed wetting side effect was embarrassing too.i was also sweating all the time.i used to have dislexia and horrible cognigitive dysfunction.also erectile and sexual dysfunction.thank god all this Side effect gone on xeplion.