What is your disability benefit story like

Well it took 6 months for them to make a decision. I started collecting Disability in April 2016 but I was backdated so I received a nice sum of money. It’s nearly 2018 now and I have gone back to work but I have recently applied for rehabilitative employment for the year so hopefully I will be able to receive a small stipend (even 50 Euro would be great along with my free travel). It will give me some time to save :slight_smile: But I think I will struggle in a couple of years without it. Especially when they taken the medical card away at the end of four years which entitles me to free GP visits and reduced prescriptions. I have chronic asthma so that’s at least 65 Euro gone every month and not to mention if I need to stay on Abilify in the future…

I will apply soon but the money is not enough. 300€ per month. you can’t pay the rent or the bills with that.

3 Likes

didn’t know anything about it. someone signed me up

1 Like

I get 900 a month and pay 750 in rent and food. I live off the rest.

The great thing is we are allowed to work part time and increase the money we get. They reduce it by a certain percentage though. Still pretty good if you ask me. I will do this someday!

If I get into a housing program someday, rent is like 230.

1 Like