What is the point of life?

That was very nicely said Erez

2 Likes

I feel like im going to die tonight i cant get rid of the thoughts.

Go online and find some guided meditations to listen to. Follow their instructions. You will get through this. Occupy your mind with a book. Write and express yourself in writing to release it. Stop ruminating. Life does get better, you just have to hang in there through the bad times.

@Magicfish I’m sorry you’re feeling this way. Do you have family or friends you can talk to about this? Please have someone take you to the hospital if you think you’re a danger to yourself.

1 Like

The point of life is to strive for a better life and then making most of that life because that’s all we can do and we are all heading for the same destiny

Not giving a sh!t is what this life is about.

I can not do it. Can you?

If you do not care and do whatever you need to be happy, then that’s it.

Your family hurt you? Ignore them. Your boss is dumb? work for the money.

1 Like

its whatever you make of it IMO. Just to be happy…whatever makes you happy. And to live and survive.

I believe the point to life is to be of service. But that’s hard to do if you are too ill. So your point should be to get better so you can be of service. Do not take a months worth of pills I beg of you. It will only make it harder for you to get better. If you are in serious danger of doing this please go to emergency services right away. They can keep you safe until this feeling passes.

1 Like

the point of life is to control intrusive thoughts.
That’s the most important thing.

When someone asked Freud what the purpose of life was, he said, “to love and to work”. Sounds good to me. Someone else said the purpose of life was to serve humanity. That also sounds good.

To be… the point is to be… the human journey… inner and outer worlds. In short though and more concisely it is merely to be.

Breath… enjoy a bowl of cereal… pet a cat… find peace with the world around you and just be.

It’s a poorly re-conveyed message from Carl Sagan. If we finding ourselves needing of some higher purpose then all we should seek are more worthy goals.

1 Like

We’re here to be tested to see if we can handle higher levels of existence.

2 Likes

It’s like a turing test

To work off our karma. Everyone has to go through something like this in their existence. Our turn is right now.

It also makes suicide useless. We will only have to pick it up again later.

2 Likes

Yeah if you are in danger of hurting yourself.
Go to the ER immediately or call Emergency Services @Magicfish.
Don’t Hesitate.

Certain things make me feel good about life like when I accomplish something. A 3 hour hike, a good movie, a book, a dinner with friends. Life can be more meaningful when it is challenging and exciting.

1 Like

The answer depends on the person asked. I don’t believe that there is one definitive answer that everybody can agree on. It’s fluid, people decide for themselves what the point is for them personally. Maybe no one else agrees but it works for them. And not only that, depending on the individual, the point may change as you get older. Sorry, hate to be a buzzkill.

1 Like

live and learn.

You learn from experience. You advance by experience. Whether you learn from experience is probably another issue.

It’s not a bad cop. You do it well and life is always interesting!

1 Like

Suppose the point is different for everybody. I think the point for me is to learn lessons, adjust, enjoy moments, help others when I can, share experiences, have fun. I can’t say why we’re here I just know I am so trying to make the best of it now.