What is the difference between the haldol injection and the invega injection?

If you are from a country other than the US and they allow you to live a normal life in spite of those drugs being paid for than definitely more power to you. But if you are from my country those meds either get paid for in very expensive insurance payments, or the SSI or SSDI systems which usually (I’ve heard SSDI can be pretty nice about it if you previously worked a lot before you got sick) severely restrict what you can do with your life. I pay out of pocket very little for my meds as well but my other family members don’t live in poverty like I do due to the rules the government puts on me in return for paying for the meds. Drugs are not really free in the United States. They are terribly expensive.

Invega sustena is the biggest rip off. It’s a terrible drug from side effects made me want to kill myself

Hi!.
Oral prescription is not too expensive.
Do you know?
How much do haloperdol or risperidone cost in USA?

I think so. INVEGA was horrible for me.
Regards.

Regards to u 2 I hope u having a kickass day

The oral prescriptions of risperidone and haldol don’t appear to cost much at all. I can’t say the same for invega or any of the injections. Unfortunately the doctors have lost trust in the patient’s willingness to take the oral meds. My concern about that is that in the US patients put on the injections are almost assured of being doomed to end up on welfare (SSI) or disability due to the cost of the injections whether the drug allows the person to work or not. I find that to be troubling as a person who was forced to go on SSI at age 24 as the doctors treating me told my parents to put me on at the time and am now doomed to remain in the system 24 years later. I want future people diagnosed with schizophrenia to have a chance that I didn’t really have.

1 Like

What I’m saying overall is that if you live in the US and you are being treated for schizophrenia for the first time and you want to have a future try to talk your doctor into giving you the oral form of the cheapest meds reasonable to you rather than the injections or you will find yourself in a trap that is not easy to break out of and the probability of permanent poverty.

Have you tried Haldol injection?

anyone know how long haldol injection will go away?

Hey can you please share did the muscle stiffness go away? How many shots and how long did it take?

Hi @Earwiggs

Typically, we like to leave inactive threads alone and just start a new thread instead. This is different than how some forums are run, but we do it this way because it frequently upsets users to have old topics revived when they are no longer relevant. It can also be frustrating to the person who revived the thread when they don’t get a reply, because the original poster is no longer active or no longer finds the topic relevant. Feel free to start a new thread on this topic.

Thanks,

Volunteer Moderator

@DearZombie