What is the best antipsychotic medication out there that stops especially the voices

I couldn’t even tell you if the clozapinee worked.for me or.not.because the side effects.just hijacked.my life. saphris on the other hand was a life changer. When my dose was increased the next day I woke up and my mind was quiet, calm. It was blissful relief.

1 Like

They put me on clozapine and the voices stopped straight away.cant ask for more than that…!!

I am on Latuda and Seroquel. Neither quiet the voices, but Latuda is the latest.
The newer anti-psychotics don’t have the side effects of the first generation drugs.
I suggest you DO NOT self medicate. Any of these drugs can kill you. I wouldn’t take the Admin advice either. Get a psychiatrist to prescribe for you.

1 Like

I believe Haldol is the most potent. Just 1mg knocks a normie out like a severe blow to the head. I mean that stuff is potent as ■■■■. 1.5 mg for the most severe psychosis is usually plenty. Side effects though bro. Mean side effects, nasty ones like tardive in some cases.

Thorazine is not potent, it takes like 800mg of it to sedate someone fully psychotic or full blown manic.

1 Like

Excercise, healthy diet with all necessary vitamins,and loving support.

I’m on haloperidol and latuda they work pretty well. I’ve been on risperidone three times, fanapt and invega.

1 Like

Ask your doctor about clozapine (clozaril). Clozapine has worked for me with the voices.

2 Likes

thank you! I saw the info about the white blood cell count and was worried, but anything is better than these voices. If it works for stopping the voices, than that would be a blessing :slight_smile: Again, many thanks!

I know, I wish this were the answer. When I was involuntarily admitted to a mental institution, I was put on citalopram (Celexa) and Abilify, and Benadryl to sleep. I was sleepy all day, couldn’t think straight and was disorientated, had nasal drip, couldn’t speak clearly, could barely eat and was always shaking. I swore that when I got out of the mental hospital, I would stay away from any anti-psychotics and take the homeopathic route. I threw out the med prescription the mental hospital gave me, and started a natural remedy of omega-3s, vitamin B, 5-Hydroxytryptophan, and natural melatonin to replace the Benadryl to sleep. I worked out 3 times a week and ate healthy meals. I prayed and believed in my natural regime after much research. However, 6 years later, the voices are still there nonstop, and I figured I needed something more potent. Thank you for the suggestion :smile:

1 Like

Haldol is sounding promising!

My psychiatrist was going to put me on clozapine if abilify didn’t work. Just remember that sometimes you have to take higher doses if they don’t work at the low dosages. I take the full dose of abilfy every day to make the voices go away.

1 Like

Barring that? lotsa beer will set you free.

Haldol is good but latuda is better.

Just start out very low to decrease getting side effects. It’s pretty potent like I said I only take .5mg now and it works. I notice caffeine will give me a little paranoia about voices but I can handle them. You can always start out at higher dose to really shut them up then decrease also. I find at a higher dose it really flattens me and is depressing.

1 Like

I am on 500 mg clopixol depot biweekly and 240 mg geodon. It Helps Le manage my voices very much. The best Thing i ever did Was to quit alcohol 10 years ago

I had not heard of this drug. THanks for sharing.

More information for those who are interested:

congrats on quitting alcohol. Lots of people joking that alcohol helps but it makes the healing process much more difficult. I hate the comments that joke about alcohol. These voices are not a joke and can drive you to the point of you know what. again, congrats and keep it up! When I go to see my new psychiatrist, I’m thinking about asking about Haldol, clozapine and geodon.

1 Like

Thank you for saying that about the talk on here about alcohol. I hadn’t realized that I had been a contributor to some of it, and I will now officially stop doing that. Sorry again.

1 Like

I don’t recall seeing you say anything on here that contributed to my comment. No need to apologize :slight_smile:

thank you for that. the voices have so far stopped completely and I pray they are gone for good

3 Likes