What happens if we don't take meds

I can’t afford to test that anymore, the ending is always bad

Well I’m hoping to try a med free trial in April. It’s been two years since i started my current regimen of medication. I’m curious to see if I will be well. It will be my first time going off meds. But it is successful for some…

1 Like

I was miserable before meds, and I’d be even more miserable now if I stopped meds. For multiple reasons.

I’ve balanced out the advantages of stopping meds vs. the repercussions and I know the appeal of not being on meds, but stopping meds just causes miserable withdrawal symptoms once you have been taking them for a while. And the appeal isn’t what it’s jacked up to be!

I feel the same. I can’t function without them, but being on them sucks, and the symptoms are still there anyway, just to a slightly lesser degree. I tried quitting a while back, ended up sectioned under the mental health act because I was was screaming like a banshee, setting fire to everything and harming myself, that episode of extreme moods and psychosis reminded me why I take meds.

You feel better because you are on meds! I would give 3 to 7 days without meds and things will start to unravel. Stay safe.

I asked about stopping the injections and what would happen. I was told I would get ill and end up in hospital.
I find this hard to believe, that I would end up in hospital, as the last time was 1983.

Meds help with some things , but they have never improved my occupational and social functioning .

You relapse, and with every episode your brain becomes more damaged/you lose more grey matter, thus making your condition even worse over time until you need even higher doses of meds with even more side effects or meds won’t work for you at all.

It’s been about 2 years for me too but since I still have positive symptoms I don’t think it would be good to stop

FYI I did and will continue to take my meds not for myself, but for my beloved family. They need me well so I can take care of them. This place falls apart when I’m really ill.