What Ever Happened To The Yoyo

Video games, computers, cell phones all have taken away all the small things we did to get the body in motion. As kids we would spend hours perfecting our Yoyo skills. Might not be the biggest work out, but a small example of a game that movement is required.

Think I might order one and have some fun with it, can you see yourself getting into one?

9 Likes

I almost forgot Yoyo until you mention it.

It was quite popular during the 90s.

3 Likes

I’m so uncoordinated that I never have been able to get the yoyo to come back more than once. As a kid or as an adult. :cry:
I could do a Rubik’s Cube though… as a teenager. There was a trick to it. But I can’t anymore.

3 Likes

I’m not a fan of body movement with entertainment. I do much movement during exercise. I’d rather just play video games.

there are people who do have fun with body motion stuff, like climbing mountains and sports.

1 Like

My initial reaction was to disagree with you, because I played with yoyos all the time as a kid. Everyone in my class had one. But then I remembered that was twenty years ago :disappointed:

4 Likes

Yosemite my Great Dane was name after the ship I served on. It unofficial nickname was Yo Yo. So his nickname is Yo Yo.
When you ask the question. My first thought was he’s right here.

3 Likes

As for the Yo Yo they used her for target practice and sunk her to the bottom of the sea.
Back in 18 November 2003. So @Mountainman now you know what happen to the Yo Yo

3 Likes

it will come back, it’s like many toy fads which disappear and re-emerge again

1 Like

I had a yo-yo that had a very tiny light bulb in it. So when I was playing with it and it reached the bottom of the string, an orange light would light it up.

I asked my sister what made the orange light go on. She answered, “Maybe it’s the jerk at the end of the string”.

5 Likes

It’s packed away in my garage along with my hula hoop, my Slinky, and my Mr. Potato Head.

3 Likes

they have fancy yoyos now… that have ball bearings and crap in them so they will spin longer at the end of the string before they return up it… I remember sitting in the gym as a kid watching the yoyo hustlers do crazy tricks… so we would buy yoyos and dr.sues books… what do they try to sell this generation… as you said the kids have videogames and that kinda trumps the yoyo… I don’t see an actual book being cheaper than the internet version…mostly because you don’t need the book part anymore…

2 Likes

I used to be able to do tricks with the yoyo. I was quite good at it. Happy days.

3 Likes

“What Ever Happened To The Yoyo”?

I happened.

when I was born, all Yoyo manufacturers stopped producing Yoyos. everyone made a huge bonfire and threw the Yoyos in it. and all surviving Yoyo makers were… dealt with.

lol lol just kidding.

3 Likes