What do you think about homeopathy and orthomolecular treatment?

What do you think about homeopathy and orthomolecular treatment?

1 Like

Homeopathic iz not so effective for sz…orthomolecular was failed approaches. That what it iz…

All the good evidence shows homeopathy is essentially just a placebo

I think they are not effective.

1 Like

It’s “clutching at straws.” Similar to the hundreds of arthritis “cures.” In other words it’'s a normal reaction to a desperate situation.

2 Likes

I do believe that diet, supplements and herbs can help or cure some people. I don’t believe in homeopathy though, I think it is not helping anyone, except by placebo.

homeopathy is just a placebo treatment. Orthomolecular therapy is totally bogus. It’s been disproven in clinical trials but Dr. Hoffer refused to accept the results if these trials and kept promoting it and making money from it.

I was desperate and tried hoffers ways and ended up psychotic in hospital.

Niether of these these things have any antipsychotic properties. So it’s not surprising I went psychotic.

They might help a minority of schizophrenics but they are not some great cures for the majority of schizophrenics.
These approaches have been around for years and as far as I can tell they are not as effective as or better than AP’s.

I believe if you are taking herbs and supplements for any condition including schizophrenia, then you have to take a lot of different types of herbs that are known to be effective for it. It’s not as simple as only taking one or two different things. I take a lot of different supplements but I am also still on meds. The supplements are very helpful but I don’t know how I would do without the meds, I might not be able to function without them. I have a desire to try one day, but now is not the time.

1 Like