What do you do to feel good? (besides drinking or drugs)

MY work is everything and because of what I do I get old stuff to tinker around with or use,like old computers and bringing them back to life. Have to many now lol

3 Likes

Driā€¦
Druā€¦

Damn i dunno.

2 Likes

I would say my horse is best thing to ever happen to me but other things must also be included on list such as i should say God is best thing to happen to me, my licence and car, my dog that is dead now, my boyfriend, and maybe few other things also perhaps my real family .not ones i was raised with as i dont think they are my real family but other ones ive met in spirit who may be my real family.

Coffee and cigarettes. Trying to give up the smokes though which will be a long process atm. Tried adult coloring books of late was hoping theyā€™d bring me joy was very disappointed in them tbh. Might have to try Lego.

1 Like

thanks everyoneā€¦so many ideas !! I really want to get down my yoga DVDā€™s now and start yoga again.

2 Likes

Cross stitching and embroidery itā€™s something you can make as a gift or keep for yourself and itā€™ll last for years and years!

3 Likes

Besides pharmcological rewards cough stimulants cough, I find that learning about niche or esoteric areas of interest, or collecting narrowly-marketed pruducts, is fun. It also helps me take my mind off my illness.

besides drinking soda or overdosing on medicationā€¦?

usually when I finally complete a poem and share it on the internet, I get a very good feeling.

when Iā€™m not feeling good, I canā€™t really do much to feel better though. canā€™t even write.

1 Like

Video games, gym, coffee, food, music, all of these things make life worth living. Ggggggg

moderate exercise can help. Reading and writing can help. getting on this site can help

1 Like

I like to help people, most times something small, like getting things down from the supermarket shelves, putting heavy items into their cars for them, giving them a ride home if needed (elderly folks Iā€™m talking) running errands if Iā€™m going the same way, opening the doors, it really makes me feel good to help.

I consume herbal mint candy and milk tea a lot.

Xanax and Soma. Doesnā€™t count as drugs if you have a prescription!

It is then a prescription drugs. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

ATM going to have a shower, so toasty warm in the house, have the heat turned up, hate having a shower, but feels so good after.

Noooo peekingā€¦ :open_mouth:

2 Likes

I build stuff. Used to be furniture and knick knacks. But now Iā€™m working on my biggest project yet. I bought a house for 5 grand off of a rehab company after the owner died that was started on, but never finished. All of the demolition work was done and new sewer, roof and siding was done, but inside was bare studs. So far I have installed a new electrical panel, plumbing, and I am working on the framing that needs corrected. I used to be a heating and air tech before my sz got bad, so I have skills as my wife puts it. Lol I donā€™t know what my next project will be, but I will NEVER do something this big again. If anyone is interested on seeing my progress so far I will post pics.

5 Likes

Do dishes, the laundry, mop, vacuum, change sheets, take a shower, clean the bathroom, dust, vacuum the furniture, etc.

How seldom I want to feel good!!!

Yes @knifester Iā€™d like it if you posted progress pics of your house.

Thanks to @jukebox for this thread. I needed to see what others do to feel good. I donā€™t do anything to feel good anymore, nothing makes me feel good. Iā€™m empty. I can tell you what used to make me feel good and I used to enjoy: petting the cats, watching the fishes, going to the aquarium, brushing my hair or having someone else do it, clean sheets on the bed, crafting, piano and oboe playing, gardening, hiking, running, biking, kayaking, reading.

1 Like

Hereā€™s the only pic I have on my phone right now. Itā€™s a glue lam beam that I set by myself. Itā€™s 8 ft long, 3 1/2 inches thick and 11 inches wide. Weighed almost 150 lbs. It about killed me to get it up there.

1 Like

Coffee and cigarettes, but I suppose they come under the drugs category!