What do you do to feel good? (besides drinking or drugs)

I have vowed off the weed and drinking…I don’t want to spend money on anything that is just going to be consumed and was wondering what makes you straight people feel good? I guess exercise would be one of the things I could do.

1 Like

I have little joys…

a clean home.
fresh sheets from the dryer…
beautiful surroundings…
feeling and looking good without much effort
driving with loud music
eating delicious french fries
making home made food
starting a new trend in the design industry
coming up with a clever idea
foot massage and nail polish
being successful in life
laughing with my sister on stupid jokes
swimming in a very cold lake
first cigarette in the morning
talking with goofy people

3 Likes

Exercise is what helps me the most. I go to a gym, Planet Fitness, and the premium membership costs me only $20/month (plus tax), plus an annual membership fee of around $40. It’s still much cheaper than drinking or drugs, and much more effective. I get the premium membership because it gets me use of, among other things, their full-body phototherapy light chamber. They don’t call it that, they call it “total body enhancement,” but yeah it’s a full-spectrum light without the tanning effect. They have tanning booths I could use, but my pale arse burns too easily lol.

2 Likes

I will start exercising in january too.

1 Like

thanks you two…yes, I guess with all this newly found energy I have exercise isn’t too far away in my future. I liked all your ideas @sleepybug except for the morning cigarette…haha I am on day 21 being smoke free. haha

7 Likes

That’s great that you’ve gotten yourself smoke free - keep up the good work!

2 Likes

thanks buddy…I still have to wean myself off the nicotine gum some day but I think I got it now…

1 Like

Shopping exercise and naps

2 Likes

One of the things I do to feel good is drink coffee with a shot and a half of Amaretto, once a day only.
I do 45 to 60 minutes of yoga every day.
I do breathing meditation for 15 minutes, twice a day, every day.
I pray Lectio Divina every day, in the morning. And evening prayer in the evening.
When I’m anxious, I put a few drops of my favorite essential oils on a washcloth and put the washcloth over my face and breathe in the scents.
I pray the Rosary every day.
Whenever my arthritis is bothering me, I do 5-6 rounds of foam rolling, on my back. Hurts so good!
I make sure I get at least 8.5 - 9.5 hours of sleep every night.

This list is NOT in order of importance.

3 Likes

Coffee…wandering around when the weather is just before the storm… Oh I also like to go to second hand shops/ markets because they have those vintage stuff and bunch of cheap things that you’ll never need…

4 Likes

I listen to music, bake delicious desserts, do yoga videos I find online, wash the dishes if I’m feeling ambitious, and watch Bad Lip Reading videos.

3 Likes

Walking four blocks to my car almost every morning and greeting almost every person I go by. Yeah, eating is fun. Talking to my neighbors. Taking walks. Exercising my brain by taking online college classes. Enjoying nice weather and enjoying looking at the mountains in the instance. Taking a drive down town and just enjoying (sometimes) the sights of the city; the tall buildings, looking at the many, interesting looking people walking around. Giving a dollar or two to the homeless makes me feel good.Cleaning, sweeping, and mopping my room.

6 Likes

I just retired. I used to write books - for forty years. it kept me focused and gave meaning, but now I realize that it was all delusions of grandeur. I have gone to a psychiatric drop-in for over thirty years and I find socializing is lots of fun and gives a place to go. I find that I have to fill my day, or I can get ennui - boredom and depressed. An hour a day on the internet is stimulating.

1 Like

I like second hand shopping and listening to jazz music to feel good.

Good on you for staying off pot and drink @jukebox :blush:

1 Like

Pop music and songwriting on guitar.

1 Like

Doing things on my own like food shopping or grabbing some food or coffee from restaurants or shops makes me feel good about myself.

2 Likes

Video games…loud metal folk metal is good too…doing dishes if I feel ambitious… Lol good line… @Ninjastar …you should write a song with that as the opener…lol

1 Like

It would be a weird song

1 Like

I buy books for a few cents from a thrift store.
It’s very euphoric for me to find a book that I’ve been looking for.

1 Like

Good on you for “going clean” and quit smoking.
I quit smoking over 10 years ago but my new boyfriend is a smoker and i am loving the smell and he is delicious to kiss.

I cant exercise at gym any more cause they lied about me and had problem with me i think.
But they never attacked me not like at dance lessons where it felt like all of them against me alone and that they even used weapons against un armed me but it was "spiritual weapons " that cant be seen as such.

I forse myself to go on treadmill at home once a week but im mostly puffed from it.

I love being with my horse and riding her and i plan on moving interstate to live with my boyfriend and will have to leave her where she is because she is to old to travel so far.
I would have to keep paying for her agistment cause she is so happy where she is but that means i cant afford to go horse riding anymore cause i cant afford 2 horses at moment, specially when i cant ride one of them and she living in another state.

I love and adore her and shes one of best things to ever happen to me but shes had difficult life and needs stability n stay where she is n maybe retire there etc

Being with her and riding her .:heart:

Being with my new boyfriend who i was kissing for probably hours which is lovely cause i didnt kiss like that with other boyfriends most didnt want kiss at all n when we did it was pretty bad and i think i only truly enjoyed sex with 2 men ive been with.
Lovemaking, sex, intimacy, affection etc but im paranoid about most people but was different with my boyfriend and we were spiritually saying we love each other before we had even met in person and just confirmed it when met in person.

Drinking coffee

eating and cooking or baking for someone.(but not just for me)

some work but not most in person.

crewchetting calms me and helped me through last psychotic episode i had.
It was also great when quit smoking cause gives hands something to hold and do…

going for a dip in pool or sea or so.

i felt good yesterday when i found a pair of gorgeous golden stilettos for $15 at second hand shop as they cost over $100 new.

I recently gave a pair of new crocs to second hand shop cause i was humiliated in them although golly knows…
was woman who hated me who were trying to be cool through a mans body but they sucked at it.
They jealous of me. B*******.
I felt their hate and jealousy.

Most experts advise exercise but one might have paranoia about it or be told not to go outside for walks etc…

I used to think my horse was posessed by spirits i didnt like (and i still beleive that i have been and had them act as me and “be” and live as me in my body but thank God im more myself and in my own body now more so it seems) and that made me appreciate my time with her less cause i thought they were up to heaps of stuff.
I adore my horse now.Absolutely adore her and she is so lovely to hang out with and she acts more like her self now but i think she had been tortured and abused and was dying when given to me.
They said “do you want a horse for free” yes i said. They said they would take her to doggers after.

taking a bath helped me immensely when i had cancer.

soothing etc

There is a much longer list of course of things but there, thats a few for now. :slight_smile:

3 Likes