What are you like off meds?

I don’t mean “3 months ago I came off them and I feel great” that proves nothing
What are you like unmedicated?

Haven’t really found out yet… probably never will… If I did I’d hope I’d be normal

I talk and scream at things that are not there. I look around for my voices. I don’t make eye contact, and I talk about people reading my mind and my thoughts being broadcast across satellites. I also develop an unhealthy obsession with aliens. My moods are also shotgunned all over the place.

2 Likes

Then the question changes to what wereyou like before meds

My hypomanias would get higher over to huge manias, my depression would sink very low, my moods would cycle very rapidly - I would get more mixed and psychotic, thinking that my dad is trying to kill me probably.
Not a good scenario.
The cops would get involved, because my paranoia will take over etc…

1 Like

Very paranoid about everyone even own family
Dilusional
Mood swings
Not well at all

2 Likes

Highly suggestible, you can talk me into all sorts of dangerous behavior. I’m highly paranoid, very delusional. Hallucinations get pretty out there.

I’m either in a deep panic attack or so out there manic and hyper… I cringe when I think about it.

When I was younger and flat out refused medication… I grabbed for illegal drugs in a big way.

I think the best word to describe it is… rabid.

1 Like

I’ll chip in mine

Reckless, I run away
Command delusions, I’m violent
Psychogenic polydipsia, I drink any liquid I can get my hands on till I shake all over
Delusional things like I have a spirit dog that gets rid of the cancer demons in my body by sitting on my chest at night
Or I’m the next Mary or I do soul exchange with everyone

1 Like

Last longest time a zombie mostly I was also very withdrawn and suicidal. I ended up self medicating with cold and flu tablets to get some sleep. Which gave me enough insight to go back on my meds.

Before I was put on med’s I was a fairly subdued person, but now I’m dependent on med’s, and I get a rebound effect when I come off them. I get unpredictable. I get giddy. I hear voices, and I do crazy things. I have a hostile edge to me. I’m a lot more outgoing. Experience has taught me that it is best for me not to come off the med’s. I get in trouble when I do.

I was cool… I was an ugly kid as far as personality went. Learned a lot faster made faster connections had better memory now that’s all f*cked up due to meds… But hey there’s nothing I can really change about that.

Me off meds? Drunk and disorderly

i make the joker look like a party clown when unmedicated…

and i scream at my voices and argue with them, i forgot that.

I used to not be able to talk with my voices because I was shy with whom I thought I was communicating with. Then when I wanted them to talk to me they stopped… Funny the irony

that IS ironic, phillip.

Yeah I’m dumb I have the stupidest thoughts I haven’t gone to school in like two months I have literally NO education.

you ,ust have SOME education, philip… I’m sure you aren’t stupid…

anxious, agitated, voices return, negative symptoms worsen, senses more acute

I’m like I am now but less of a threshold for handling stress. I also have trouble understanding people , when some people speak , I can not understand them , I hear the words but I can not assemble them in a way that makes sense to me. In stressful situations I start hallucinating.