What age did you start smoking?

18… probably had a few before that at some point…

Just quit them… hold me to it this time!

1 Like

Haven’t started…I tried cigarettes when I was younger (peer-pressure) but didn’t like them. as for marijuana I don’t like the idea of not having complete control of myself…so I’m scared to try drugs like that. I know it doesn’t make you do things, but it does inebriates you somewhat…I have enough problems like that without drugs, I don’t need to add drugs to make me feel that way.

1 Like

one of the reasons I quit smoking is because it makes you so dependant on it. I hate that factor.
If I don’t smoke for a day, I’ll feel all sick and crave it. I got rid of it once and for all.

I hate addictions. I like to be free.

1 Like

I was 13. It was preceded by smokeless tobacco. I quit when I was 21, then started back up again when I was 24, which also was preceded by smokeless tobacco.

1 Like

My Mom caught me and a friend smoking a cigarette at about 7 or 8. When my Dad got home he made me smoke a whole pack of them.

I didn’t touch another one until I was about 16.

what do you mean? Nicotine gum ?

what? :tired_face: really?

Really.

You would probably get child abuse for that today. But at the time it worked. I didn’t want anymore.

No, like chew and dip/snuff. When it came to chew (pouch tobacco), I preferred Levi Garrett; when it came to dip/snuff, I preferred Kodiak or the various fruit-flavored Skoals.

yeah the older generation did some horrible stuff. I am glad my dad is okay. He only cursed a lot.

My Dad cursed worse than a sailor. I would say what his favorite word was but I would probably get suspended

1 Like

yeah my dad is like a pirate too. he is a pirate. He drink a lot, curses a lot, had affairs with myserteous women, he is also dirty. Does not like to shower or brush his teeth.

Mean ol’ moon. Hahah.

When i first got psychotic at 19 is when i started smoking. The sz was doing weird things to my head, and they let u smoke in the psych ward back then so i asked my mom to bring them for me cuz it would help kill the time at the ward. I never did stop, didn’t really have much of an incentive to, they really helped when i felt i had nothing left to enjoy in life besides a cigarette. Things even got worse since.

Had a craving just before my first hospital and started smoking when I was 19. Still smoking today some 28 years later. Then again the only thing keeping me going is caffeine and nicotine.

I started smoking steadily around the age of 16 but I smoked my first cigarette when I was 14. I smoked for now going on 39 years but quit smoking for good about a month ago…I had been quit 8 months before that…stupid habit.

2 Likes

When I was 9 or 10 my friend would steal his older sisters cigarettes and we would smoke them in his attic.
Filter less Marlboro’s, yuck.

1 Like
  1. Was into a pack a day since like 16. Did that till I was 39. Lot’s of wasted health there!
2 Likes

I started at 14…

2 Likes

Started smoking at 18 years old, but quit at age 20.

1 Like