Wellbutrin XL experience (so far)

Wellbutrin does increase my sex drive. If I take it, I only take IR 75mg in the AM otherwise it gives me insomnia. I guess since you take it with Seroquel it would be more sedating. I couldn’t sleep last night and took 50mg Seroquel IR and feel like ■■■■ today. However it did sedate me.

I don’t like either of them to be honest. I take Wellbutrin when I need an extra kick and Seroquel when I need to sleep.

I hate that. If I think to hard about anything my mind starts generating opinions from other people. Either about me or whatever I’m thinking about. If I entertain it for too long it gets stuck like which ever/sometimes multiple people are watching me. It’s a self sustaining delusion, never had any physical evidence that it’s real, yet the mind is inclined to believe.

1 Like

Hah, I know what you’re talking about. Schizophrenia sucks, for the most part my voices just talk ■■■■ on me. There is no room for any idea of self if I want to find silence. It’s tough to maintain especially around people. Just got to be the machine, like some self fulfilling prophecy. It’s ■■■■■■■■ though, for all I know the ideal mind I envisioned doesn’t exist in reality, let alone my ability to train myself to it, especially with the subtle pressures of telepathic delusions.

1 Like

I’m taking 150 mg of SR Wellbutrin. I plan on eventually going up to 200 mg. I like Wellbutrin so far. It’s less stimulating than Prozac and I’m more depressed off Prozac but I’m mentally stable; Prozac was causing daily psychosis. I like Wellbutrin in that it’s supposed to help with cigarette cessation and has no sexual side effects. So far I haven’t reduced my cigarette smoking, which I believe is because of the antipsychotics blocking dopamine or because it’s a low dose.

1 Like