Watched a good documentary about broadmoor (englands high security mental hospital)

Was built in Victorian times for the ‘criminally insane’. Although there were so heartbreaking stories I think it helped a lot of people in its early days. I think now most of the people staying there will never be realeased.

1 Like

There’s a fascinating and funny story of a man who faked mental illness to avoid going to jail. He went to Broadmoor, and it took him 12 years to prove to a psychiatrist that he’s sane.

It’s a TED Talk, and it’s called “strange answers to the psychopath test.”

4 Likes

I saw that at my mental health club house we had group Friday nights and one time they showed TED Talks on mental health.

That sounds fascinating. I’ll have to look that up.

What’s the documentary called?

This is it

3 Likes
1 Like

I’m pretty sure this is the one I watched. It was decent.

1 Like

I probably would’ve commit a crime or been violent to someone if I didn’t know that you’ll get locked up for good

I like the drawings

pretty depressing place, i wouldnt like to stay there, but i think if i was unwell enough it could help,

i get a strange feeling of wanting to go there idk why but at the same time i dont want to lose everything

1 Like

i’ve watched this ages ago… seems like a scary place… although there was this one artist… cant remember what crime he committed. i dont think they mentioned the crimes.

1 Like